[Question]Hard Mod N3ds Xl (nand backup)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Cydget, Nov 12, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes(I want to see you break your 3ds)

57.1%
  1. Cydget
    OP

Cydget GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    So, I have been looking into hardmoding my N3DS Xl and I have a few questions. I currently have 10.1 and I know I cant downgrade below that if I hardmod. I would mainly use this to just keep a backup in case there was a kernel exploit found on 10.1. I plan to have the mico usb port come out the area for the wrist strap.
    0.5) Does this work on N3DS XL? I have seen images of people who have done it for old 3ds(xl) but not any for New 3ds.
    1) What happens if I update then download games/ game updates from the eshop and then downgrade
    2) What happens if I do a system transfer from this 3ds to another then restore to a backup. Would that duplicate the games? (I probably wouldn't do this but I just want to know)
    3) How much practice at soldiering should I have/ how can I get to that point? I intend to practice soldering on my broken ds lite before I attempt this.
    4) Is this worth it? Do you think I should attempt this or not at all?
    5) Which number is the real CLK? I assume it is the bottom right one but I'm not sure.
    6) Is there a certain point Im supposed to use as GND/ground or will any point of metal work(not connected to 3ds board)
    7) If I can get this to work will it increase the value of the 3ds.
    8) do you think I can fit the sdcard to usb adapter inside the 3ds without it bulging out?
    9) while opening my 3ds to get a look at the motherboard I have to open the black zif connectors. When I put it back together the mic and home button didn't work. I fixed the home button by taping some plastic to keep the zif held down. Is there a better way to do this? I dont care about the mic only the home button.
    Is everything in the pictures good connection wise?
    Also, sorry for the bad picture quality. I took them with my potato. photo 2 (1).JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG ux_a13071200ux0523_ux_g03.jpg

2. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Go for it! I love watching people's agony as they realize they just broke there favorite console! (Seriously though you should look into the New 3DS a bit more before attempting this.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice