Homebrew [Question] Getting NNID eShop access on 9.2 sysnand?

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, so I understand that there are ways to access the eShop when it's NNID linked on 9.2 assuming you have rxTools and emunand normally, but how would one go about accessing the NNID-linked eShop on sysnand? I ask because well, my NNID can only be linked to one nand unless both nands are linked, which is not recommended. (But I may be mistaken.)

I would assume you would have to patch the NVER while both nands are linked and then you can unlink the emunand, but would this cause any problems or potentially brick the system?

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I understand that there are ways to access the eShop when it's NNID linked on 9.2 assuming you have rxTools and emunand, but how would one go about accessing the NNID-linked eShop on sysnand?

I would assume you would have to patch the NNID checker while both nands are linked and then you can unlink the emunand, but would this cause any problems or potentially brick the system?
Install the latest NVER and spoof using HANS in HBL.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay, so I understand that there are ways to access the eShop when it's NNID linked on 9.2 assuming you have rxTools and emunand normally, but how would one go about accessing the NNID-linked eShop on sysnand? I ask because well, my NNID can only be linked to one nand unless both nands are linked, which is not recommended. (But I may be mistaken.)

I would assume you would have to patch the NVER while both nands are linked and then you can unlink the emunand, but would this cause any problems or potentially brick the system?
It would be better to format your sysNAND instead of your emuNAND to unlink, since I assume you use emuNAND most of the time anyway (especially with cold boot CFW being a thing)
I understand that patching the NVER will fix it, but I'm unsure if it only patches on emunand or both, and if it's the former how would you be able to patch it on the sysnand?
You install nver on the NAND where you want to use eShop, then run HANS on the same NAND.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It would be better to format your sysNAND instead of your emuNAND to unlink, since I assume you use emuNAND most of the time anyway (especially with cold boot CFW being a thing)

You install nver on the NAND where you want to use eShop, then run HANS on the same NAND.

If something were to go wrong on the emuNAND like bricking or something similar then I'd have to format and lose all the bought things I downloaded. It wouldn't be impossible to just get it again since they're all there on my NNID waiting for me to download again, but it'd be a pain at best. The emuNAND would be more for running homebrew .cias

Thank you however.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If something were to go wrong on the emuNAND like bricking or something similar then I'd have to format and lose all the bought things I purchased. It wouldn't be impossible to just get it again since they're all there waiting for me to download again, but it'd be a pain at best. The emuNAND would be more for running homebrew .cias

Thank you however.
Make a sysNAND backup before formatting sysNAND and keep it somewhere safe so you can go back in case you change your mind later on.
Edit: I think I forgot to do that myself actually because I had a sysNAND backup already and assumed it had my NNID on it, but it might have been from before I performed a system transfer to my n3DS.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Make a sysNAND backup before formatting sysNAND and keep it somewhere safe so you can go back in case you change your mind later on.

I shouldn't have to format sysNAND though? emuNAND's basically the redundancy in case something bad happens along with homebrew installation and sysNAND should just sit with the official apps I own.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I shouldn't have to format sysNAND though? emuNAND's basically the redundancy in case something bad happens along with homebrew installation and sysNAND should just sit with the official apps I own.
Since homemenuhax most people autoboot into CFW and use emuNAND almost exclusively, it makes things simpler that way, but if you don't want to do it that way that's up to you of course :)
I agree with you that it's best to have all the legit stuff on sysNAND so there's no chance of accidentally becoming unable to access the NNID because emuNAND gets lost, corrupted, updated by accident etc., but since homemenuhax autoboot and linked NANDs don't play nicely together you just have to decide what's more important and take the plunge.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Since homemenuhax most people autoboot into CFW and use emuNAND almost exclusively, it makes things simpler that way, but if you don't want to do it that way that's up to you of course :)

I'm one of the people who get a bit OCD on where they want their official and homebrew apps is all, hence why I like to divide them. I use an multibooter but if I need to get back to my sysNAND then I don't need to hold down the L trigger.

Thanks for the clarification.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1