Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
i'm not 18 or bigger , But I do know that I don't let my DS out cus it's really valuebale to me , and afraid of people stealing it from my hands or something.. I just put it in a bag and listen to music..

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
thnx for all posts.
i find myself always hard playing in public, especially in a crowded bus, when they can actually see ur screen.

i have to find a way to deal with being Dont give a sh**.

the only thing i have to worry about on the bus is some chav/thug is gonna run of with my DS, i couldn't care less what other people think of me while i play, heck i['ve played nintendo dogs on the bus once.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone cares that I'm in my mid 20's and playing video games. I think most males of my generation still have a fondness for video games and most of my friends actively play them. It's definitely not just minors that tend to like video games in the US. And even if it was I wouldn't care anyways.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 27. whenever people see me with my GBM, they ask what it is and are always super interested once they find out its a gameboy, so no - i'm definitely not ashamed. Its a nice conversation starter - and i usually end up having people wanting one.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am 21 which apparently makes me an adult for most things (25 I am told is the general catch all age).
Been playing games since I can really remember and the only problem with playing in public is the somewhat high chance of a shell suited 14 year old saying "'ere bruv giz a play on ur gamez or I iz shankingzzz u bruv" (and according to the crown prosecution service the knife that I would say borders on a sword they draw to back said threat is but a toy and my punching them entirely unjustified.).

My family and friends all play games (perhaps in part due to a chipping service/order that may or may not have something to do with me) so no problem there.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If someone says some shit about me playing games, I'd reply "Mind your own drinking/marijuana problem, I'm perfectly fine thank you."

I carried my 360 on the bus a couple times, nobody cared or showed interest.

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Makes me feel really awkward, people look at you like there's something wrong with you...

I'm not an "adult", but I look 20, so people look at me and it feels awkward..

Novaxis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
25yo living in Paris, France... and nobody cares when I play with my DSL in the subway.

Actually, nobody cares about other people/freaks/whatever in the french subway... and I think it's pretty normal for people to see an adult playing on a handheld console due to the democratization of video games since the early 80's.

It could have been weird seeing an adult playing gameboy 20 years ago in a public place, but it isn't anymore because the first generation touched by this democratization is now adult and this people have kids, work... do stuff in "REAL" life.
So in my opinion, most people are now aware of this geek attitude even if they don't even know the word... and if some people stare at you just like if you were a freak or some kind of retarded, ignore them.
I guess they don't know what a passion is, and I wouldn't exchange my life with their lame one cause I cherish the bound guarding my "child" side against the fact that every day I become more and more an adult.

Hope you understand what I wanted to say !
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 26 and when I turn up at the pub early before my friends I whip it out, lean against the bar and look SUPERCOOL playing with it.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm not embarrassed in the slightest. I've gotten to the point where I'll talk to a bunch of little kids about the games they are playing. Kinda like the wedding scene in Grandma's Boy.

When I was a teenager, me and my buddies used to carry around our Magic: The Gathering decks and play a game wherever we could. Needless to say, I got over people staring at me a long time ago.
smile.gif

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't care what people thought when I was a kid, but when you get to a certain age, I kind of think "Well I'm 27 years old, surely I'm too old for playing with the toys", and then I get self-conscious about the whole thing and beat myself up about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo