[QUESTION] Anyone who owns a USA Vita able to access the JPN Store?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by Romruto, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Romruto
    OP

Member Romruto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    For anyone who bought the PS VITA early in the United States, able to access the Japanese Playstation Store? Coz, I was wondering if it's possible to purchase Japanese titles on there instead of having to import them expensively over here.

2. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    It is possible since the Vita is region free.

But it's nothing but Japanese there, so be prepared if you know nothing about the language.

3. Romruto
    OP

United States
    I know about the PS Vita being region-free. And I'm not worried about the language either. There's a few titles I may be interested in downloading from their NETWORK as all.

That being said, hopefully I may be able to access it. Since you know some titles sometimes always don't get localized.

4. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    It should be no problem.

But get ready a Japanese address before signing.

5. Romruto
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I made one a while back (on PS3 for Ad-Hoc Party when it wasn't localized back then). So I was curious about the accessibility as all.

6. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    (edit 2)

Okay, I did some research for you. PSN ID's are bound to your Memory card... That means that your memory card that uses the US vita shop will NOT WORK WITH THE JAPANESE PSN. To access the Japanese PSN you'll need a seperate PSN account set to the Japanese store AND a seperate memory card. The only way to use the same memory card for both accounts is to do a factory restore, effectively clearing the memory card of all data relating to your other PSN account... needless to say that would be beyond annoying.

Luckily enough, I have two memory cards (a 4GB and an 8GB) so I'll be able to do both and it will still be cheaper than importing from some place like "play asia"... but it's still another hassle and another way Sony is milking the memory card thing.