Hacking Question about the need for using apps to do updates

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I've been using WUP Installer MOD to install games to USB/system memory. Every time I've done this and a game needs an update, I've just let the Wii U update the game the "normal"/legit way.

But the more I read on these forums, I keep reading people talking about using WUP Installer and NUBGrabber and others to get updates for their games. Am I missing something/doing something wrong? Can't you just let the Wii U update the games?

I've done maybe 4 or 5 games this way, and they work fine after the update, from USB or system memory

Thanks, keen to learn as much as possible

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people don't want to update the normal way because they are scared Ninty might push 5.5.2 And patch the exploits.

As of now 5.5.1 is the current fw, and you have nothing to worry about. It's fine to update games the normal way. Just make sure you block Ninty servers afterwards through your router or tubehax,

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
Some people don't want to update the normal way because they are scared Ninty might push 5.5.2 And patch the exploits.

As of now 5.5.1 is the current fw, and you have nothing to worry about. It's fine to update games the normal way. Just make sure you block Ninty servers afterwards through your router or tubehax,

Thanks. I was using TubeHax, but reverted back to regular DNS so I could update games easily. Once I have all the games I want installed, I'll go back to TubeHax.

Am I right in saying TubeHax only stops updates/eShop, not online gaming?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la