Hacking Question about Pokemon Y on the R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe

angusangus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I ask, I know the consensus on this cart is not favourable but I bought it for my boys before Christmas and without a great deal of research.

So now hopefully I won't be vilified for buying these carts :ph34r:

My question is, will Pokemon Y now play on the R4i. I haven't been on this forum for quite a while and wondered if the situation has changed with any updates? I know it was unable to play last year but can on Gateway.

I have searched but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.

Cheers

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
99.9% it will never work, due to them not making thier carts reprogramable.

Don't post false lies. Just because the cart itself isn't reprogramable doesn't mean its impossible. It's just unlikely they'll put in the effort to make it save to the internal sd like CARD1 saves do.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume if it were possible somebody would have found a way to convert the games to card 1
I remember somebody here was messing around converting card 1 games to card 2

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I assume if it were possible somebody would have found a way to convert the games to card 1
I remember somebody here was messing around converting card 1 games to card 2

It's not possible to convert card 2 to card 1 like that because card saves are MUCH larger. They are too big for the spi/card1 save addressing iirc.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well you can convert Pokemon to card1 but it will crash when it makes it's save file, also I think it would also need the ncch checks patched like on gateway before you could even start messing with the save methods, there is probably a few ways they could get Pokemon working on the r4 card, but they have nobody to copy off so I doubt it would happen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.