Jaidencoolman111

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've been working on getting all the pokemon games on my 3ds with cheats and pokemon bank Compatability, the Gameboy advanced era is the most I'm having issues with, using NSUI to inject a rom works but I cant use luma menu to use cheats, i tried using the mgba and Gp SP forwarders, mgba freezes the screen when I try to activate the luma menu, Gp SP worked though! The only problem is pksm cant read the .srm file that it gets saved as in the "forwarders" section. So I can cheat but if i make a custom file but no PKSM/bank. Since you cant change the save types of the forwarders pksm wont pick up on them even if you change the title ID.
I want be able to use cheats in the game well im playing instead of having to reboot the game every time I wanna edit my save with pksm turn cheats on and off prefurrably though luma menu without alot of confusing menus (the goal is to make everything as simple as possible for this) but sometimes it just wont turn on, and GBAATM cheats seem to only load on the start
All the stuff im looking at is super old so im reaching out here to see if anyone knows if there are any breakthroughs or anything for this kinda stuff or if someone can tell me how to make a "RetroArch Gp SP forwarder" show up on pksm or change the saves to .sav so I can just set pksm to look for the file there instead of going to the VC section on the main page
Post automatically merged:

Hello, I've been working on getting all the pokemon games on my 3ds with cheats and pokemon bank Compatability, the Gameboy advanced era is the most I'm having issues with, using NSUI to inject a rom works but I cant use luma menu to use cheats, i tried using the mgba and Gp SP forwarders, mgba freezes the screen when I try to activate the luma menu, Gp SP worked though! The only problem is pksm cant read the .srm file that it gets saved as in the "forwarders" section. So I can cheat but if i make a custom file but no PKSM/bank. Since you cant change the save types of the forwarders pksm wont pick up on them even if you change the title ID.
I want be able to use cheats in the game well im playing instead of having to reboot the game every time I wanna edit my save with pksm turn cheats on and off prefurrably though luma menu without alot of confusing menus (the goal is to make everything as simple as possible for this) but sometimes it just wont turn on, and GBAATM cheats seem to only load on the start
All the stuff im looking at is super old so im reaching out here to see if anyone knows if there are any breakthroughs or anything for this kinda stuff or if someone can tell me how to make a "RetroArch Gp SP forwarder" show up on pksm or change the saves to .sav so I can just set pksm to look for the file there instead of going to the VC section on the main page
all the game boy games work very well same for the 3ds section of games, I haven't really tested stuff with the NDS games because of how long this stuff with the game boy games have been taking but for the ds games I've only been able to get cheats to show up well booting the game I used the injector on universal updated to get them and they all worked well even with pksm, just haven't tried in-game cheats yet or even know if there is a way too, so if anyone knows about that as well it saves time for when i get to that step.

After a while of messing around I found out that the saves for what forwarder you use is different, I was using pokemon sapphire to test the stuff I'm working on. I found out by extracting my save using gm9 but it was using the virtual console save that was there before I got a new Gp SP cia, the first one was in the gba vc format. gm9 only picked up on the vc one and I was able to find my newer save putting that in pksm works and even directing it to always look for the save there works as well so you can open pksm and start modifying the game right away by pressing Y, oppening the game catching a pokemon, then saving and opening pksm it all works. Now to try and get cheats with luma to work.

Well, im stuck again trying cheats isn't working, Gameshark codes are not working when I make my own cheat list, I can't find information on what codes work or where to find Gateshark cheats that work better with luma. It got to a point where it seems like ill just have to make my own codes and I have absolutely no idea where to begin for something like that

Last edited by Jaidencoolman111,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto