Hacking QUESTION ABOUT: NEW DSI FIRMWARE 1.4U ??

Rice8Azn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I ordered an Acekard 2i and will be receiving it tomorrow, but I read that the new firmware has blocked a few flash cards but does it block ALL Flash cards?

My current ndsi firmware is 1.3U still I've been precautions about this every since I ordered my card.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't upgrade to 1.4U, it blocks ALL DSi compatible flashcarts, without exception. There is a chance, however, that the AK2i can get around this, but you need to be able to boot into the card's menu first to do so, so wait before upgrading your DSi's fimrware.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It blocks all i flash carts. I have an Acekard 2i and I really don't want to buy a new cart if hardware updates are needed.

Rice8Azn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Da-Bomb1 said:
Don't upgrade to 1.4U, it blocks ALL DSi compatible flashcarts, without exception. There is a chance, however, that the AK2i can get around this, but you need to be able to boot into the card's menu first to do so, so wait before upgrading your DSi's fimrware.

Argh that really sucks!

What happens if I try to connect to the internet? Like just to go on google on my ndsi?

Does it update it if I connect to the internet?

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Calm down...nothing bad's gonna happen unless you go and update the DSi yourself. Just wait around and see if they're gonna release a fix. Once they do, then you're set...but for now, Nintendo can't force you into absolutely having to update your system.

Rice8Azn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Da-Bomb1 said:
Calm down...nothing bad's gonna happen unless you go and update the DSi yourself. Just wait around and see if they're gonna release a fix. Once they do, then you're set...but for now, Nintendo can't force you into absolutely having to update your system.

tongue.gif
I'm calm

But I'm just wondering, if I were to go on DSi internet, would it update my firmware that way? Or must I be on the "update system" (or w.e) ?

blink.gif
moogle.gif

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, you have to do it manually, it won't do it for you. I hear it won't let you access the shop without it, but so far, I haven't actually had that problem...

Rice8Azn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Da-Bomb1 said:
Yeah, you have to do it manually, it won't do it for you. I hear it won't let you access the shop without it, but so far, I haven't actually had that problem...

Oh thank goodness! I can still use wifi then xD I was kind of worried about this but thanks for clearing this up for me!

I've got a few questions:

1. Do you use an Acekard 2i [if not please don't answer 3 and 4]

2. Do you know how to create firmware? How can I make one my self?

3. Where can I get the latest Acekard 2i firmware.

4. Does it need a kernal, like how R4's work?

Thanks!

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Rice8Azn said:
Da-Bomb1 said:

Oh thank goodness! I can still use wifi then xD I was kind of worried about this but thanks for clearing this up for me!

Thanks!

Question 2
make your own firmware?

Rice8Azn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
elixirdream said:
Rice8Azn said:
Da-Bomb1 said:

Thanks!

Question 2
make your own firmware?

Plague_Host_Extr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use the DSiBrowser, you need to update your DSi. All online applications from the DSi store require the latest update to use. So either get used to Bungalloo (Slow loading, not that great, crashing), or update your firmware and wait for a way around it. I'm sure you "homebrew" usage isn't that great, and more than... eh... 70% of flashcart users only use flashcarts for DS games.
smile.gif
(guestimating that percent lol)

Edit: I'm guessing their reason behind requiring it for all online DSi is to "persuade" users into updating. Infact, even though more than 90% of the DSiWare is bullcrap, all of them require the latest version in order to be operable. (Provided they have a wifi connect within the area since the DSi has 24/7 internet connection [when on, of coarse])

Rice8Azn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Plague_Host_Extremis said:
To use the DSiBrowser, you need to update your DSi. All online applications from the DSi store require the latest update to use. So either get used to Bungalloo (Slow loading, not that great, crashing), or update your firmware and wait for a way around it. I'm sure you "homebrew" usage isn't that great, and more than... eh... 70% of flashcart users only use flashcarts for DS games.
smile.gif
(guestimating that percent lol)

Haha close guess but I'm more of a 90% homebrew user.

From organizer to notes to coloring to controlling my laptop to creating little animations.

I use homebrew more than games actually
tongue.gif
tehe.

But thanks for the information
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(elixirdream @ Jul 31 2009, 10:27 PM) since you are not mr technical at all = NO
tongue.gif

hahahaha
tongue.gif

no harm having a dream

tongue.gif
lawlz

yup!

Plague_Host_Extr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And by make you own firmware what do you mean? DSi firmware or Flashcard firmware? For DSi firmware, you'd need to trick the DSi into downloading from a different server than the Nintendo server, which would mean figuring out their IP's used for the Update server, figuring out all the possible ports they used, disconnecting from the internet, writing a program to broadcast the new DSi firmware, a server to broadcast it with and then finding a way to broadcast it to the DSi. That would be a major part of it. Then, there's dumping the DSi firmware, testing it, and then hoping that Nintendo didn't put in a DSi fake firmware check.

As for a Flashcart firmware, it takes a lot that I don't understand. Hell, I don't even know if my description of how to make a DSi firmware is even remotely correct.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Lol, all this DSi firmware stuff is making some people pretty paranoid. Though I guess I would be too if this was an issue to me, next thing I know I would be worried about Ninty breaking into my house in the middle of the night forcing me to update D:

Rice8Azn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Plague_Host_Extremis said:
And by make you own firmware what do you mean? DSi firmware or Flashcard firmware? For DSi firmware, you'd need to trick the DSi into downloading from a different server than the Nintendo server, which would mean figuring out their IP's used for the Update server, figuring out all the possible ports they used, disconnecting from the internet, writing a program to broadcast the new DSi firmware, a server to broadcast it with and then finding a way to broadcast it to the DSi. That would be a major part of it. Then, there's dumping the DSi firmware, testing it, and then hoping that Nintendo didn't put in a DSi fake firmware check.

As for a Flashcart firmware, it takes a lot that I don't understand. Hell, I don't even know if my description of how to make a DSi firmware is even remotely correct.

Its cool, even if you were wrong I wouldn't know.

But I mean by Flashcard firmware, but its okay, hopefully someone with this type of knowledge will help and clear this up.

yaynds.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(PettingZoo @ Aug 1 2009, 05:04 AM) Lol, all this DSi firmware stuff is making some people pretty paranoid. Though I guess I would be too if this was an issue to me, next thing I know I would be worried about Ninty breaking into my house in the middle of the night forcing me to update D:

Haha yeah, I'm just worried because I haven't received my Acekard 2i yet and there is this update... hopefully I didn't waste any money.

D

Deleted_171835

Aiyaiyai. People, relax. Info is on the front page of GBATEMP. STOP making posts like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol