Last edited by zerofalcon,
Reactions: OriginalHamster

Buttcher88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, button configuration can be mapped within retroarch input, regarding service mode in mk2 it can be accessed by pressing ZR->Dip Switches->test switches->volume adjust. Mk2, mk3 and umk3 have a speedhack in core options, but after some minutes or fights the sound becomes really awful (with or without the speedhack), crackly and distorted for about a minute or two and then becomes stable again until crackling reappears. I guess both titles (mk2 and mk3) are more enjoyable if played in midway arcade treasures 2 for the Gamecube. Mortal kombat on the contrary runs excellent.
Is there any way to access the service mode setting on Mame 2000 on 1.0.0.2? I ask this because certain games have no audio and thought you could control volume settings through service mode.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Not working here. Its freeze after join the menu I tried to connect game cube and classic controller, and they are not detected, so I believe the emulator is really freezing the system

yes I noticed the same problem, something was broken with latest rgui 1.3, I'm going to open an issue on github, or in the meantime revert to a working commit.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to access the service mode setting on Mame 2000 on 1.0.0.2? I ask this because certain games have no audio and thought you could control volume settings through service mode.

Unfortunately there's no button assigned for service mode or diagnostic mode. I even tested with the same core compiled for the Raspberry Pi and there's no service mode at all.

Btw I updated a working mame2000 core for RA 1.3

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For those who have the Mame 2003 core working, the only working Mame 2003 core is the one posted on page 1 of this thread, right? The one on post 3 is it? That's for RA 1.3?

Last edited by nakata6790,

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately there's no button assigned for service mode or diagnostic mode. I even tested with the same core compiled for the Raspberry Pi and there's no service mode at all.

Btw I updated a working mame2000 core for RA 1.3

Now I am confused. where is the link with the updated .dol?

By the way I have a suggestion: Make a topic with all your mods and extra cores (including the mames, atari2600, nestopia with VC pallete, or any other surprise that you can have there :v )

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
By the way I have a suggestion: Make a topic with all your mods and extra cores (including the mames, atari2600, nestopia with VC pallete, or any other surprise that you can have there :v )
That is actually a great idea.
I didn't know of an Atari2600 core, or the Nestopia one. Those are for 1.3?

Also
For those who have the Mame 2003 core working, the only working Mame 2003 core is the one posted on page 1 of this thread, right? The one on post 3 is it? That's for RA 1.3?
Anyone?

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Now I am confused. where is the link with the updated .dol?

Thats a good idea, many of the unofficial cores are here and there around the forum, it's time to organize it a little bit.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried to run the 1.3 RA (for the Atari 2600, Atari Lynx, MSX, Mame 2003 cores) in my second SD and it doesn't even detect the controller. Damn that's a mess.

Hopefully 1.0.2. versions of those can be made...
I mean, MGBA core and Mame 2000 core are down for 1.0.2 (thanks to @zerofalcon ofcourse) in addition to everything else (NES, GBA, SNES, Sega 8 & 16-bit consoles, Game Gear, GB, GBC, GBA, FBA, Neogeo, CPS1, CPS2, Quake, Doom, TG16, TG16 CD) so only thing missing are the 4 1.3 cores.

I have the Wiimpathy one, still haven't used though :P, wanted it for MK games, but I currently only using MAME2000 (imame4all) for arcade games.
Yeah 1.3 :)

Nice, though i would like a performance report of that core with some games like XainSleena:)

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried to run the 1.3 RA (for the Atari 2600, Atari Lynx, MSX, Mame 2003 cores) in my second SD and it doesn't even detect the controller. Damn that's a mess.

Hopefully 1.0.2. versions of those can be made...
I mean, MGBA core and Mame 2000 core are down for 1.0.2 (thanks to @zerofalcon ofcourse) in addition to everything else (NES, GBA, SNES, Sega 8 & 16-bit consoles, Game Gear, GB, GBC, GBA, FBA, Neogeo, CPS1, CPS2, Quake, Doom, TG16, TG16 CD) so only thing missing are the 4 1.3 cores.

Nice, though i would like a performance report of that core with some games like XainSleena:)

When this hapens you need only to delete your .cfg files. here always works

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
No worries man. If it's a lot of work don't bother. I was basically just looking to play a couple of games on Retroarch such as the wrestling titles (Wrestlefest & Superstars) and some of those Data East titles like Edward Randy and Robocop 2. I can just play them on SDL-MAME.

I compiled a test build for mame2003 under RGUI 1002, inside the zip file there is a text file with the supported roms, basically these are the four roms requested. I never played the Edward Randy game, that's a good one platformer!

https://anonfiles.com/file/a920e4ee4bc04358dda7c9e5230c7474

Reactions: nakata6790

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you for taking the time to compile this, much appreciated. I tested with Robocop 2 and runs and looks very nice and smooth.

I wonder though about the "true" mame 2003 core that people ( @OriginalHamster and @soniccomcisbr ) use (i still do not know which one is that, from the ones in page 1 of this topic, guys please pinpoint the post that has the correct mame 2003 core).

That one seems to run a multitude of games and would complement the iMame4all 1.0.2 that you have provided, quite nicely.

I ask cause i plan to fully playtest that once it is available, just like i did with the 1.0.2 mame 2000 core and give a numbered list of working roms (non fba, non cps1, non cps2, non neogeo) so that people would have an easy reference (post #73 in the previous page)

I can simularly help with this, once i have the core.

Last edited by nakata6790,

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
nakata6790 said:
I wonder though about the "true" mame 2003 core that people ( @OriginalHamster and @soniccomcisbr ) use (i still do not know which one is that, from the ones in pag8e 1 of this topic, guys please pinpoint the post that has the correct mame 2003 core).

That one seems to run a multitude of games and would complement the iMame4all 1.0.2 that you have provided, quite nicely.
I'm currently using only mame2000 (imame4all), this one provided by zerofalcon https://anonfiles.com/file/25e6496b542478905623f20e463bf81e

The mame2003 that I told you is a mod to run MK2-MK3 games.
http://dommagemais.free.fr/progs/wii/Mame/mame2003_libretro_1-3-MK.zip

Both are for 1.3.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

Buttcher88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat