Hacking Question about gateway

RaMon90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought a 3Ds silver-black XL for my little brother and I intentionally updated the firmware to use eSHop, I don't remember the original firmware, probably it isn't under 4.5. It's now on 6.3 and here my question:
- Is it possible to downgrade if the original firmware was for example under 4.5? Just like Ps3 cfw 3.55, you need some kind of a flasher or you can easily downgrade? Or it's impossible?

As i read from other threads, they need to find an exploit for latest firmwares which isn't easy..

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible in your situation.

Edit: To expand more on that post, Gateway only works for firmware versions 4.1-4.5, currently. It's not known if/when newer firmwares will be supported.

untswubwub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you had a nand backup before updating through a hardware mod or gateway, you'd be able to downgrade (requires the hardware mod). Nothing else has been found so far :/

Silver is the new mario bundle right? Don't worry it most likely wasn't under 4.5 anyway
Silver is available as a standard standalone colour in Europe. Mine was 4.4

RaMon90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Silver is the new mario bundle right? Don't worry it most likely wasn't under 4.5 anyway
no, without any games and it's a silver and black.

Even if it's not possible then I have to wait till someone finds a bug/exploit.

Thanks for the answers.

RaMon90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I actually got another idea maybe, as i found out in another thread, this nds 3ds i have might be 4.5.
My idea is to wait till something inside system hardware is broken and then maybe they replace it with a new one or restore everything to the original fw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)