Question about gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RaMon90, Dec 5, 2013.

1. RaMon90
    OP

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    I bought a 3Ds silver-black XL for my little brother and I intentionally updated the firmware to use eSHop, I don't remember the original firmware, probably it isn't under 4.5. It's now on 6.3 and here my question:
    - Is it possible to downgrade if the original firmware was for example under 4.5? Just like Ps3 cfw 3.55, you need some kind of a flasher or you can easily downgrade? Or it's impossible?

As i read from other threads, they need to find an exploit for latest firmwares which isn't easy..

2. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Not possible in your situation.

Edit: To expand more on that post, Gateway only works for firmware versions 4.1-4.5, currently. It's not known if/when newer firmwares will be supported.

3. cateater1

cateater1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    cheshire
    short answer nope. Probably best to start afresh with a new 4.1-4.5 firmware 3ds.

4. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Silver is the new mario bundle right? Don't worry it most likely wasn't under 4.5 anyway

5. untswubwub

untswubwub Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2013
    If you had a nand backup before updating through a hardware mod or gateway, you'd be able to downgrade (requires the hardware mod). Nothing else has been found so far :/

Silver is available as a standard standalone colour in Europe. Mine was 4.4

6. RaMon90
    OP

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    no, without any games and it's a silver and black.

Even if it's not possible then I have to wait till someone finds a bug/exploit.

Thanks for the answers.

7. RaMon90
    OP

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    I actually got another idea maybe, as i found out in another thread, this nds 3ds i have might be 4.5.
    My idea is to wait till something inside system hardware is broken and then maybe they replace it with a new one or restore everything to the original fw.