Hardware Question about four Swords Adventure and the Wii U...

Mrtonychops

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I use the program to inject four Swords Adventure onto my Wii U, through nintendont. Does anyone know if there's a way to play multiplayer, substituting the second, third, and fourth player with some type of controller? I don't own a Game Boy Advance and I don't know anyone else that does. I figure there's got to be some sort of a patch or something but I haven't found anything online about it

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my guess is because vWii is the software part of the original Wii lacking the actual hardware ports for the GC controllers.
So native support is out of the question on a WiiU. But I'm pretty sure an actual scene dev could answer your question better.

I while ago I even tried GBA links thru the Wii U game cube controller adapter but I can assure you it doesn't work.

It should also be noted that in that particular game you NEED at least 1 actual GBA and GBA link if you want multiplayer because the GBA screen displays the dungeons when you go into them.
Its a pretty demanding game both software and hardware wise and your best best is to get a slim Wii if you really want to play it.
They go for as cheap as $40 used these days on Ebay Offer Up or Mercari.

Good luck.

Last edited by Maxbeta,
Reactions: Mrtonychops

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is sitting on my Wii U menu but I haven't played it. So it's not playable at all? Or just not multiplayer?

Last edited by ,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This game is sitting on my Wii U menu but I haven't played it. So it's not playable at all? Or just not multiplayer?
You can play it single player with the Gamepad, Classic Controller and i think the gamecube controller? but Multiplayer is out of the question.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a slim Wii

What the heck is a slim Wii? RVL 101 (erroneously called the "family edition" which is a bundle, not hardware model)? not slimmer in any way (exact same size), just lacks the GC hardware ports and rejects the discs. Wii Mini? Certainly not "slim" either, and likewise no GC support, and not hackable either due to lack of any online or external USB/SD support. Either way, they'd both be unsuitable for FSA's use of the GC link cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ak Aack AAAACK!!!