HaveFallen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Apologies if i'm asking in the wrong place, and if my question isn't worded right. I don't know how to ask this.

Does the microSD card have to be connected into a sd card reader into a USB port for the SD formatted to recognize it? I currently don't have one, so I have to put my micro sd card into my cellphone, and plug my cellphone into the USB port by a USB cord. That is also how I put all my files in there. What happens is when I try to format, a window pops up saying my card isn't supported.

Also, another question, I keep getting an "unsupported device" on every game I try to play and anything I do (like update through wifi) with any of the AKAIO firmwares, and it all works on the official firmware. Would formatting fix all this? (The only thing I haven't done yet).

Thanks for any answers.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might as well get a card reader. They're pretty cheap on dealextreme. I dunno how it works, when it goes through a cellphone...but by the looks of it, you should probably just get a cardreader.

Also, what kind of flashcart do you have? AKAIO doesn't like fake ones. There've been a lot of fake ones floating around lately, it seems.

HaveFallen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i'll try and get one as soon as I can.

I am sure I've got an official Acekard 2i, I haven't checked out the insides yet though, like in those pictures to compare them yet. Oh boy, me and my friend are gonna have a talk. He's the one who bought it for me.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HaveFallen said:
Ok, i'll try and get one as soon as I can.

I am sure I've got an official Acekard 2i, I haven't checked out the insides yet though, like in those pictures to compare them yet. Oh boy, me and my friend are gonna have a talk. He's the one who bought it for me.
Lol, you should verify for sure whether it's legit or not before getting mad at anybody. But from what I've seen and heard, there was a fraudulent dealer at some anime convention in NYC not too long ago.

HaveFallen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again,

My friend says he got it at a computer store and they ordered it from somewhere. He doesn't know anything else.

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the USB you want for an SD Card should look something relevant to this
mgh.png

HaveFallen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hhmm, I formatted my Micro SD and, Device is still not supported. I guess it's ok to say this card is fake...*sigh*

Is this why most, wait...All Pokemon games, and Zelda doesn't work? All I get is white screen except Zelda, which crashes right after starting it.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Beginning to sound like you have a fake. Have you updated the loaders from here?

Slightly older version of AKAIO doesn't have fake checks either, so you could try that. If all else fails I would contact where you purchased it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
HaveFallen said:
Also, another question, I keep getting an "unsupported device"

your acekard is a clone. you got ripped off. sorry. akaio 1.4.1 will display "unsupported device" for all clone kits. its probably an r4, try the r4 firmwares and see if one works. where did you buy this card from? please let us know so that others do not purchase a clone kit. it appears that some r4s were recently sold at some anime convention with legit ak2i stickers on them. it pays to shop at a quality online store!

-another world

HaveFallen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Sorry for such a late reply.

Apologies, I don't know where this AceKard is from. How old does the AKAIO firmwares have to be to not have fake checks? The oldest I have tried is 1.3. Also, if I use an R4 firmware on this card, would it break? I thought R4s couldn't work on a DSi.

One last thing, could you guys link me to a legitimate site I can purchase a real card from? I would look myself, but I think I can trust you guys.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HaveFallen said:
Hey all,

Sorry for such a late reply.

Apologies, I don't know where this AceKard is from. How old does the AKAIO firmwares have to be to not have fake checks? The oldest I have tried is 1.3. Also, if I use an R4 firmware on this card, would it break? I thought R4s couldn't work on a DSi.

One last thing, could you guys link me to a legitimate site I can purchase a real card from? I would look myself, but I think I can trust you guys.
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728

You should be able to get one there. They're a pretty reliable reseller...they just take awhile. If you didn't want to wait so long, you could always get one from one of the official resellers on the home page.

And I think that pretty much anything but the latest firmware doesn't have the fake checks. I don't think you can break the card using any different firmwares.

HaveFallen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just tried out 1.3 again and this time, without updating the loaders, and it works. So I can say that this card is a big fat phony. Ah, at least it's now playing games, and thanks to Duckthom (if you guys remember him in a topic) I got games that couldn't work...work. So I guess i'll just give this to my little sister.

Thanks for the link, and also thank you guys for helping me. You have my eternal gratitude.

*Kneels*
*Gets up*
*Walks out*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la