Quality School for Languages

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanito

Man, they missed out Vrada culture totally.
frown.gif

It's interesting to note that most of Gibraltar's IP space is barred from editing on Wikipedia because of some huge flamewars that happened, so some stuff is a bit one-sided there.
The Spanish site is some better on that subject, still one sided... But well, I don't consider myself such an expert so as to edit it.

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do know those, really. You don't need to go to uni to learn other language

You don't go to uni to learn. You go to experience things like ending up 200 miles from home after a night out, and having to pretend you're German to get back again. Your outlook on everything well be so much different by the end of it trust me. You'll look back on some things you did or learnt and think "shit me, that was a waste of time".

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
I do know those, really. You don't need to go to uni to learn other language

You don't go to uni to learn. You go to experience things like ending up 200 miles from home after a night out, and having to pretend you're German to get back again. Your outlook on everything well be some much different by the end of it trust me. You'll look back on some things you did or learnt and think "shit me, that was a waste of time".
Well, you change no matter you go uni or not. You change if you go to miltar formation, you change if you get a job on the construction, you change if you decide to be a beggar... whatever you do, you'll change, the only think will be different on university is you'll at the same time learn academic stuff, of course. You should "learn" as you live anyway.
And no, I'm not transcribing what I heard on some fancy American movie
tongue.gif
That's just what I think life has been this far for me, and which I hope will change by experiencing more stuff.
One last thing; which academic formation do you have? Just curious
smile.gif

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One last thing; which academic formation do you have? Just curiousÂ
smile.gif

BTEC Software Engineering, and BSc Internet Technologies.. and what I learnt after all that? That most of the stuff I learnt was worthless because I don't want to do that shit long term anyways. I actually want to be an English teacher and started doing the qualifications for that last year. I think 9 out of 10 of my friends at uni decided by the final year that didn't really want to follow the subject they had be learning after they finished.
So going back to the learning Spanish argument, In my mind I feel no need to learn it so I know that if I did start learning it properly it'd become redundant to me pretty quickly and it would have been a waste of time. The only magic rule to learning anything is that if it feels like a grind to do it you won't get anything out of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1