Quake2DS Prerelease 1

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would extracting the pak files avoid the 'guru meditation' error?

The game runs incredibly well and amazingly fast!!
Perfect - except for loading a saved game and one time it had some memory error when loading another level.

I'm using G6 Real 8Gb with EZF 3in1 card
auto detect and 'slow' speed setting
Quake 2 retail pak files

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I got an error!
at some point of slowed down gameplay, it suddenly stopped and said it cannlot load sound from /. .
never had this before and it happened around Armory level.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
I used the new .nds file, dldi patched it, but instead of the Guru error screen, I just get a blicking white square at the top right. then after a while. It just stays white. Any help?

Thanks

PS. I'm using Supercard lite
Same..

Also, do I have to extract the files from the pak into a folder named pak0 or a folder named pak0.pak?

simonjhall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the new .nds file, dldi patched it, but instead of the Guru error screen, I just get a blicking white square at the top right. then after a while. It just stays white. Any help?

Thanks

'fraid I'm gonna need to know more that than, mate! What are the last messages on the screen? What happens if you run the build from the original zip file - if you get the guru meditation, a) what's the message at the top b) what's the $pc, c) what's the $lr, d) what are $r1, 2, &3?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the original instructions:

In the root of your flash card, make a directory named baseq2
copy the pak into the baseq2 directory that you just created

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all Supercard Slot-2 users having problems, please try this 3rd party DLDI driver here . It was created to fix the unaligned read problem with the original DLDI driver.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This REALLY makes me regret that I lost my 3in1. Guess I should get another one, still it's irritating cyclo still doesn't properly support the newer version.

This is because the hardware has changed since the last firmware release for the Evolution. The next firmware will probably come soon. Besides, at least it does support the EZ flash 3-in-1 natively.

Thanks Simon for the port, it's great!
biggrin.gif

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece

Thanks

'fraid I'm gonna need to know more that than, mate! What are the last messages on the screen? What happens if you run the build from the original zip file - if you get the guru meditation, a) what's the message at the top b) what's the $pc, c) what's the $lr, d) what are $r1, 2, &3?
It's too fast, can't see what it says beore the blinking square.

simonjhall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So what are the final messages on the screen? Is it really just a blank screen with a flashing X? If it is, what happens if you press start?

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teonintyfive: Did you try the DLDI file I linked to in an above post?

Also, I've noticed my Kingston made in Japan card works far better with homebrew on my Supercard Lite than my made in Taiwan card. The made in Taiwan card has problems with reading/writing/corrupting the card during writes, tested with multiple of the same made in Taiwan card, so it's not just a bad one.

Quake 2 DS works fine with the DLDI file I posted above(not created by me) on my SC Lite.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
teonintyfive: Did you try the DLDI file I linked to in an above post?

Also, I've noticed my Kingston made in Japan card works far better with homebrew on my Supercard Lite than my made in Taiwan card. The made in Taiwan card has problems with reading/writing/corrupting the card during writes, tested with multiple of the same made in Taiwan card, so it's not just a bad one.

Quake 2 DS works fine with the DLDI file I posted above(not created by me) on my SC Lite.
I don't use Supercard... I use G6
dry.gif

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see "the M3" recommended second, but which one?

I'd really like to hear more about the RAM included in the different M3 DS real bundles, but I can only see one person clearly referencing it.

The community really has to stop just calling something "M3" in reference to slot-2 devices, especially, when comparing to the R4 for Quake II compatibility. I've seen commenters on Kotaku telling people that the R4 doesn't work and the M3 does while totally ignoring the fact that their most popular "M3" product, the M3 DS simply, is identical to the R4 and that the successor, the M3 DS real, includes compatible memory in two of the three bundles it is sold in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1