Gaming [Q] Prof Layton vs Phoenix Wright, and Prof Layton - Curious Village

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone played both these titles, as I'm wondering if playing Curious Village will spoil the plot for the crossover.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
curious village was the first game on the DS, right? if so, no, not at all.

i think there's like, just 2 characters appearing from the original game in the crossover, and those are pretty irrelevant to the story. (which is pretty stupid tbh)

really, there's two trilogies, a movie and the crossover in the layton series.

as long as you play the trilogies in order, you're not being spoilt

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

i think there's like, just 2 characters appearing from the original game in the crossover, and those are pretty irrelevant to the story. (which is pretty stupid tbh)

Ok. The quality of Curious Village is pretty crap though, so I decided to wait it out for a week and play the crossover instead :P Thanks!

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok. The quality of Curious Village is pretty crap though, so I decided to wait it out for a week and play the crossover instead :P Thanks!
Why you think that the quality of the Curious Village is crap ? I played it when the game launches and liked a lot.
Good history, not too easy puzzles but not hard as hell either... and my english at the time was very, very poor...
I played it again before play the crossover and it still is a good game in my opinion, even after 8 years.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why you think that the quality of the Curious Village is crap ? I played it when the game launches and liked a lot.
Good history, not too easy puzzles but not hard as hell either... and my english at the time was very, very poor...
I played it again before play the crossover and it still is a good game in my opinion, even after 8 years.
Sorry, I meant the design quality is crap. My first Layton game was Pandora's Box, and hearing the voices in Curious Village just seems strange. I guess I will play it though, you've proved some good points :P

Reactions: Darkrai

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, I meant the design quality is crap. My first Layton game was Pandora's Box, and hearing the voices in Curious Village just seems strange. I guess I will play it though, you've proved some good points :P

i wonder if you played the us realease of one and the eu release of the other. i think they redid the voices between us and eu versions.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I just realised why I thought Curious Village would spoil the crossover. At the end of Azran Legacy (the start of CV) I thought I heard Layton say "Augustus Wright" as the diseased owner of the mansion, so I thought that the crossover was a re-worked story of CV, meaning that playing CV would spoil the crossover :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.