Gaming [Q] Banned Switch. How do I transfer Pokemon too it without being able to redeem Mew?

Darthsternie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.darthsternie.net
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I know this is very early since most may not even have their Pokemon Edition with the Pokeball controller but I got mine today and I have to say I'm frustrated.
I bought the Controller since I wanted to have Mew (Yeah I know I can get it through PKHeX later too) but I also liked the ability to transfer a pokemon to it just like with the good old Pokewalker.
But... Until trying it I had to find out that in order to redeem the Mew inside it you need to connect online with your Switch. Since I hacked my Switch early on and didn't hide it well I can't redeem it.
The worst thing is that until you have redeemed the Mew in the Pokeball Plus you can't transfer any of your own Pokemon too it.
So this is why I'm asking for help. I really wanna use my Pokeball Plus the way it was designed to without Ninty screwing my experience over because my Switch was banned early on.
I hope that some may be able to look into this. If anyone can guide me through a way to dump the flash through a software way I could also help with that.
Thanks in advance :)

BTW very sorry about the bad wording of the Thread. I wrote it while being pissed and forget to mention moving Pokemon to the Pokeball Plus. Would be cool if a Mod could maybe add that fact to the Thread title :)

Last edited by Darthsternie,
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you not let a friend have the Mew from the ball on a legit console then use it as normal?

Im picking up a Pokeball plus myself later today and am going to be in the same boat unfortunately :(

Reactions: mark.m.moran

Darthsternie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.darthsternie.net
XP
Country
Germany
Can you not let a friend have the Mew from the ball on a legit console then use it as normal?

Im picking up a Pokeball plus myself later today and am going to be in the same boat unfortunately :(
I would love to do that but I don't have any friends near me who have a Switch and Pokemon Let's Go :/
That's why I hope someone finds a way to somehow patch either the game to allow for an offline activation of the Mew or by patching the Pokeball Plus :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks like they are discussing this exact topic in this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/reversing-the-pokeball-plus-for-a-mew.523458/
I've seen that Thread but it is more or less aimed at reversing the Ball to unlock Mew in the Game which as pointed out by others can be achieved far easier by just using PKHeX once it's out or by maybe using a LayeredFS Patch.
I'm requesting a way to "discard" the Mew inside the Pokeball so that I can transfer my own caught Pokemon to it :)

Hoggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got the same problem. Got a banned switch so unable to transfer my pokemon to the pokeball plus nor use it on pokemon go because mew is trapped in it. I need a way to either activate offline or someway to discard it out of the pokeball.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: