Hacking Putting Rock Band 2 DLC on a USB device?

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched forever for a thread that showed you how to put rb2 dlc on a hard drive because I remember seeing it a while back. After finally finding it, I get an error "Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again." So is there any way to get this topic back of view it in the cache? Or is there another working tutorial somewhere? Thanks.
Search results:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Search&am...2Bdlc+usb+drive

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I found some more info:

mephisto2k said:
Sure, but it's a lot of horrible work and testing, but let's start with the easy part

Software you need:
DLC Packer/Unpacker: http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii...packer-unpacker
An undecrypted NAND Dump [using FSTOOLBOX with IOS 249]
Hermes cIOS v5 223 [IOS 37 Base]
Hermes uLoader 4.9
Your Console ID [you get it via XYZZY]
An SDCard with your DLC

First of all you need all the needed DLC Titles on your Wii [usually done if you already have DLC]. Install Hermes cIOS v5 223 [IOS 37Base].

Now you prepare a FAT32 Partition on your USB Drive [I recommend 60 ore more Gigs]. Now start the Homebrewchannel, start FSTOOLBOX and make a full NAND-Backup [be sure u use cIOS 249 for the Dump, because of your Savegame]. This takes a few Minutes. Put your SD-Card [the one with the NAND-Dump] in your PC an Copy everything, which is in the Folder 'FSTOOLBOX' in the root of you SD to your USB-Drive into Folder 'nand' [if it's not there, simply create a new Folder called NAND]. Test, to be sure everything is going right. Put your SD-Card back in your Wii. Plug the USB Drive in, start uLoader 4.9, choose RB2, go to config, choose IOS223, go to CFG2 choose Saves from USB, 'Use DLC from x:/nand/. Boot the game, just to make sure your Savegame works.

That was the simple part, now the tricky part:
Simple way [untested]: Try to redownload your DLC through the Shop. I've tested this with uLoader 4.8A, and it didn't work. Just try it.

Harder, but effective way: Put your SD with your DLC into your PC. In the prvate folder, you will find folders calles 'sZAE', 'sZBE', 'sZCE' and 'sZDE'. These are the folders, where your RB2 DLC is stored [you may not have all of the folders, but thats unimportant]. Copy every folder to your PC, by keeping the sZxE structure. In Order to copy your DLC to your USB HDD, you need the *.bin files decrypted to *.app files. This is, where the DLC-Packer/Unpacker comes in handy. But before you start, you need your console ID. You get this by running XYZZY. Refer to the Readme of DLC-Un/Packer, where you have to store your ID. If everything is done, you need to decrypt the bin Files. Drag every bin File one by one on 'dlcunpack.exe' it will create many *.app files in the folder '0001000563524241'. After you've unpacked all your DLC, take a break, make a coffee and relax a little bit, because you are almost done. You only need to copy your *.app files on your USB-HDD. That's a bit tricky, because you don't now exactly where you have to store it.

These are the folders, where your corresponding DLC has to be:

sZAE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4145\content
sZBE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4245\content
sZCE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4345\content
sZDE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4445\content

Test it, to make sure, everything has gone the right way.

Now to your Customs [not 100% sure, because I'm still testing it].

You MUST have the RawkSD Installer once on your Wii, to create the right titles [before you backed up you NAND]. After that the procedure is almost the same, except that you have to recrypt your bin files first, using 'recrypt-all.bat'. The foldes on your USB-HDD are the following:

cRBA = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\63524241\content
cRBB = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\63524242\content

If everything went right, you have now all your DLC and Customs on your USB-HDD including the RB2 Savegame. You don't need your SD-Cards anymore from now on, because you have nearly unlimited Space to store.

PS: This way, Rock Band 2 seems to be stucked at loading, but you have to wait about 3-4 Minutes. After RB2 is loaded [you are in the Main Menu now] everything runs fine.

PS2: That's the way I've done it, and it works for me [Customs need more testing, as mentioned]. I can not guarantee, that this works also for you, but you can give it a try. Be sure to Backup all that you change.

PS3: Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany
wink.gif

From here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165...t&p=2627442

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That post is where I first learned about using USB harddrives for Rock Band DLC. There's only a few changes since then, too:

- uLoader has been updated to 5.1
- There are 5 generations of DLC now, meaning that there's also an sZEE folder
- I don't think the post mentions the PC Tools, which makes things a whole lot easier. (Download a full generation of songs in one go straight to the PC; no downloading individual ones to SD and decrypting and whatnot)

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a hold of him via pm. I have a PDF link if anyone wants it. It seems like warez though which is probably why his thread is gone. It explains how to do everything including the pc tools. It doesn't include the GEN 5 though. But I have the files for the pc tools and the wad tickets to download them. Just google "RB2-DLC-7-27-10.rar" should do the trick.

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
so they can request my tutorial, just fine, but when i offer it my post gets deleted.... GAWD!!!

It's understandable since it is obviously warez. Change your guide up a little to where it doesn't show how to get all the dlc then i'm sure it would be fine.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works great, but RB2 will take forever (like 8 min) to load up. You will also want to take out your sd card once the starts to load, right after the white screen about the wrist strap. If you don't, it will try and
save all of the dlc to your sd card and will hang the system. It's also kind of tedious scrolling through
900+ songs to find the one you want to play. I've created a forwarding channel straight to RB2 loading through uloader so I don't have to go into the HBC everytime, since that is the only game I run through uloader. Wii power has a post on it in the Crap thread somewhere on here.

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a file structure on how the files are suppose to be and where they are suppose to be at? lol I still can't get this to work.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.ciso files in, believe it or not, a folder called "ciso" in the root of the USB drive. Use Wii Backup Manager to convert the game to .ciso format

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mestapho said:
It works great, but RB2 will take forever (like 8 min) to load up. You will also want to take out your sd card once the starts to load, right after the white screen about the wrist strap. If you don't, it will try and
save all of the dlc to your sd card and will hang the system. It's also kind of tedious scrolling through
900+ songs to find the one you want to play. I've created a forwarding channel straight to RB2 loading through uloader so I don't have to go into the HBC everytime, since that is the only game I run through uloader. Wii power has a post on it in the Crap thread somewhere on here.
can i have a link to that? i have been wanting to make one myself for sometime now.

oh yeah and by the way. i have uloader installed on a fat32 partition marked primary and active and i load rockband 2 from a wbfs partition,just marked primary.

no sd cards needed.

and if you press the minus button on guitar a few times to sort by band, then hold down the yellow button i believe(or maybe blue) it will show you an alphabet that you can scan through to find a band fast. much easier than scrolling through the whole damned list.

WOOO 300th POST!

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
can i have a link to that? i have been wanting to make one myself for sometime now.

oh yeah and by the way. i have uloader installed on a fat32 partition marked primary and active and i load rockband 2 from a wbfs partition,just marked primary.

no sd cards needed.

and if you press the minus button on guitar a few times to sort by band, then hold down the yellow button i believe(or maybe blue) it will show you an alphabet that you can scan through to find a band fast. much easier than scrolling through the whole damned list.

WOOO 300th POST!

Here's Wii power's post on the channel creator: http://gbatemp.net/t151174-crap-easy-to-us...t&p=2994566

Ill have to try installing uloader on the fat32 partition. Does yours take 5-8 minutes to load too?

Yeah I figured out how to use song names to get to band names and vice versa, but its still a little annoying.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read in another guide at a different site, that you can download tracks to the emulated nand right from the RB & GH music stores. Doesn't work at all for me - has anyone else gotten that to work? In RB I get the 204704 error and can't remember exactly what it says in GH but I know it disconnects me and then I can't reconnect until I completely restart the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol