Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Just Dance DLC on USB Loader GX

gingamonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pretty up to date verion of USB Loader GX with everything stored on a large front loaded SD card (rather than external USB HDD).
I've followed the Google drive tutorial that has been posted around, along with the Beatles YouTube video, but nothing works. I'm using an EU rip of games and DLC on a UK Wii, but still no luck.

Anyone have a definitive way of getting this to work, or a link to a bulletproof guide anywhere? Or anyone associated with USB Loader have any ideas?

I'm assuming its something tied to the fact that everything (USB Loader, games and DLC) are all loading from that front sd card as that's quite a recent change?

Any help much appreciated - Thanks!

gingamonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey thanks for the link, but I'm not seeing anything specific regarding installing DLC for music titles on the WIi - Specifically the Guitar Hero, Rock Band and Just Dance games?

Would it be worth doing a clean install? ie. Go back to vanilla Wii, and rehack it?

gingamonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey thanks - It's been ages since I modded my Wii, so wasn't aware of this automated method. I've just run it and there was one wad to update and some stubs to remove.

However, I'm STILL getting the same issue trying to install DLC for Guitar Hero/Rock Band titles.
I'm following the guide on this forum entitled "Installing Rock Band, Just Dance, and Guitar Hero DLC on Wii" (*can't post direct link)

FYI, I have latest version of USB Loader GX, running EVERYTHING off large SD card in Wii SD slot (no external USB), and Mod Mii system updater has come back clean.

I have EU versions of games and DLC, and and go through the Wad2Bin process successfully. The issue arises when I try and install any of the WADs - I've tried through both Wii Mod Lite and YAWMM, both with failed results.

This is the output from Wii Mod Lite:

[+] Opening "0001000573584950_bogus.wad", please wait... OK!

[+] Installing WAD, please wait...
>> Reading WAD data...
>> Installing ticket...
>> Installing title...
>> Installing content #91...Error: (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD

Try with AHBPROT mode or an IOS with the correct permissions.

Press any key to continue.

Any help much appreciated.

Sander1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
GOT IT, some advice on GH WOR NTSC , i noticed some YT movies that on a WII we can get 699 songs, so i started looking into this.

Started with GH WOR this creates the folder \\private\wii\data\sxie and 4945 bogus, this moved the amount to 182
then used GH5 creates folder ..\sxee and 4545 bogus, moved amount to 342
then used SMASH creates folder ..\sxge and 4745 bogus, moved amount to 401
then used HERO creates folder ..\sxfe and 4645 bogus, moved amount to 531
now used GHWT (Use NULL Key) creates folder ..\sxae and 4145 bogus, moved amount to 675

This is how far I got as the other one left GHWT Import (Use NULL Key) Impossible to add it creates a folder with \Syop
am i using the wrong gameid? did anybody ever do this trick if yes please share knowledge

Using USB Loader GX latest version

So it got a lot better but i need to understand the last part, this is the GHWT Import DLC, if I use the Use NULL Key i get a folder named Syoe with it also somehow resets the list of songs to 264, so the max i can get now is 675.

Do i have to use a different gamid for the GHWT import DLC ?

Successfully saved converted DLC content #183 to "E:/\private\wii\data\sYOE\182.bin".
Successfully saved bogus WAD package to "E:/\0001000573594f45_bogus.wad".

All other bogus files don't have this "f" just numbers, also the folder is different in naming as all folders start with Sx. it would be very helpful if somebody would share info on this. Maybe sharing all the folder you have or gameid or whatever i am missing :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things