Putting Rock Band 2 DLC on a USB device?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by crwys, Jul 29, 2010.

Jul 29, 2010
  1. crwys
    OP

Member crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I searched forever for a thread that showed you how to put rb2 dlc on a hard drive because I remember seeing it a while back. After finally finding it, I get an error "Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again." So is there any way to get this topic back of view it in the cache? Or is there another working tutorial somewhere? Thanks.
    Search results:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Search&am...2Bdlc+usb+drive

2. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I cant seem to find it, but throw Terminal_Illness a PM and I'm sure he'll talk you through it.

Click here

KiiWii

3. crwys
    OP

United States
    Well I found some more info:

From here
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165...t&p=2627442

4. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That post is where I first learned about using USB harddrives for Rock Band DLC. There's only a few changes since then, too:

- uLoader has been updated to 5.1
    - There are 5 generations of DLC now, meaning that there's also an sZEE folder
    - I don't think the post mentions the PC Tools, which makes things a whole lot easier. (Download a full generation of songs in one go straight to the PC; no downloading individual ones to SD and decrypting and whatnot)

5. crwys
    OP

United States
    I got a hold of him via pm. I have a PDF link if anyone wants it. It seems like warez though which is probably why his thread is gone. It explains how to do everything including the pc tools. It doesn't include the GEN 5 though. But I have the files for the pc tools and the wad tickets to download them. Just google "RB2-DLC-7-27-10.rar" should do the trick.

6. buffdog

Member buffdog GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    can i have that link plz [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    so they can request my tutorial, just fine, but when i offer it my post gets deleted.... GAWD!!!

8. buffdog

United Kingdom
    plz can i have the link to the pdf plz

9. crwys
    OP

United States
    It's understandable since it is obviously warez. Change your guide up a little to where it doesn't show how to get all the dlc then i'm sure it would be fine.

10. buffdog

United Kingdom
    can i have the link

11. crwys
    OP

United States
  12. buffdog

United Kingdom
    thx brv your a star [​IMG]

13. mestapho

Member mestapho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It works great, but RB2 will take forever (like 8 min) to load up. You will also want to take out your sd card once the starts to load, right after the white screen about the wrist strap. If you don't, it will try and
    save all of the dlc to your sd card and will hang the system. It's also kind of tedious scrolling through
    900+ songs to find the one you want to play. I've created a forwarding channel straight to RB2 loading through uloader so I don't have to go into the HBC everytime, since that is the only game I run through uloader. Wii power has a post on it in the Crap thread somewhere on here.

14. crwys
    OP

United States
    Anyone have a file structure on how the files are suppose to be and where they are suppose to be at? lol I still can't get this to work.

15. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i thought uloader can only use wbfs?? how can i get it to load a game from a fat32 partition?

16. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    .ciso files in, believe it or not, a folder called "ciso" in the root of the USB drive. Use Wii Backup Manager to convert the game to .ciso format

17. terminal_illness

Canada
    can i have a link to that? i have been wanting to make one myself for sometime now.

oh yeah and by the way. i have uloader installed on a fat32 partition marked primary and active and i load rockband 2 from a wbfs partition,just marked primary.

no sd cards needed.

and if you press the minus button on guitar a few times to sort by band, then hold down the yellow button i believe(or maybe blue) it will show you an alphabet that you can scan through to find a band fast. much easier than scrolling through the whole damned list.

WOOO 300th POST!

18. mestapho

Member mestapho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Here's Wii power's post on the channel creator: http://gbatemp.net/t151174-crap-easy-to-us...t&p=2994566

Ill have to try installing uloader on the fat32 partition. Does yours take 5-8 minutes to load too?

Yeah I figured out how to use song names to get to band names and vice versa, but its still a little annoying.

19. terminal_illness

Canada
    it does take 5-8 mins yes.

20. D34DL1N3R

Member D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    I read in another guide at a different site, that you can download tracks to the emulated nand right from the RB & GH music stores. Doesn't work at all for me - has anyone else gotten that to work? In RB I get the 204704 error and can't remember exactly what it says in GH but I know it disconnects me and then I can't reconnect until I completely restart the game.