XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Reading through the forum here i found a lot answers of crudities for me.:yay:

But before i start the work of converting I have a few questions and hope you can help me please:

- The compression is set to 9.Maybe its better to set it to 1 to bypass possible issues (maybe sound or something).I´ve tried Discworld PAL German and the speech is to fast.
- keys.bin :wacko: I don´t have any idea what or where it comes.Is it important ?
- The CDDA plug-in is used for Games like Ridge Racer or Tomb Raider i think.

Ok i think thats all.
Thank you for reading and your assistance.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, higher compression increases cpu usage on the console (and on the PC doing the conversion) for less and less gain as you go higher, it only really made sense when most people could barely afford an 8 GB memory stick, but today you can buy 32 GB for 20 € if you want performance, or a microSD converter + card for less if you want price/size

Stick to 1-3 compression, that's enough :)

Keys.bin is the license for a PS1 game that comes from PSN, but it's easy to bruteforce to the point you can just install the pskeysgen plugin on your console and it will do the job automatically in a second or so (and of course it's not required for home conversions)

PS1 games in eboot format can have audio tracks in uncompressed (pcm) or compressed (atrac3) format; all home conversions are in PCM, which is broken on versions of POPS bundled with 4.x and above - cdda_enabler fixes it on at least the 6.6x versions (of course, you must also convert from a format which includes audio tracks, like non-split .bin or .img)

And not all games have audio tracks in the first place (check the .cue/.ccd files, which indeed describe the list of tracks)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for your easy to understand explaination.

Place is enough there,i will use 1 on compression.
That means from my PSX games it comes no keys.bin.

Thank you.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

In lack of an too little Memory Stick (8 GB and expensive enough for me) i´ve looked for an method to compress the ISO files.

I´ve tumbled on PSP ISO Compressor 1.4
Then i´ve read that the .CSO Format often gives troubles/issues.
I think thats the same with above ? To high compressed = troubles.

The .DAX and .JSO format is "out of order" ?

Is this method out of "time ?

Thank you for your advises and reading.:)

Nickelbawker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it hard to believe people quote 32gb cards being 'large enough capacity'. Right now I'm loading up two 64gb PSP1000s with PSP, PS1, GBA and a few snes nes. A little bit of music. I'm currently at about 50gigs so anything I squeeze out of compression will mean more Movies, Episdoes being able to be on the PSP. 64gb is about $12 currently. Which is pretty good. 128gb and 256gb is pretty fair too but still you'd always be able to put more stuff even on those if you use compression.

103 PSP games fully compressed will fill a 32gb card easy, sometimes worse depending on which games.

When I had a psp for myself I had half of it filled with video, felt it was enough games but I would change some of the games on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. 32gb is barely enough to cover just PSP games that I would figure some one would enjoy that doesn't cover PS1 and Videos that they may want on the device as well. Now I do tend to just throw a few games on my android and play bits of those but when I was younger I played a huge variety of stuff so I wanted to fully utilize the storage. Anyway extra storage and compression is definitely worth it, sometimes even worth the trial and error per game testing. If I wasn't occupied with other tasks I'd most likely load up my android just like I used to with the PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q