Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psvitacase0.gif

Not much to report on other than the size, no other details have been given, just a picture of how game cartridges will look like for the PSVita.
[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I applaud Sony for using a cartridge-based medium for their retail games on the PSvita, because UMD's weren't all that great. Loading took way too much time.
Cartridges are the way to go for handhelds (as proven by Nintendo)

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
i think this was already known before... when the NGP was announced
I've just seen it on news sites like that and I didn't see any when the vita was announced, so either me and them are late to the party, or we've just started to see them.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
not when it was officially announced as Vita, it was when it was announced as NGP. in japan... i think.
I know, I'm just calling the NGP "Vita" now since the name is out. I'm not referring to when it was announced as vita. And if you can, could you find any pictures of the cartridges for when it was announced in Japan?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
not when it was officially announced as Vita, it was when it was announced as NGP. in japan... i think.
I know, I'm just calling the NGP "Vita" now since the name is out. I'm not referring to when it was announced as vita. And if you can, could you find any pictures of the cartridges for when it was announced in Japan?
i'll have to dig deep in the USN... might help if someone know when was it posted...

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
i'll have to dig deep in the USN... might help if someone know when was it posted...
I guess you can always use the search, though I don't know if it will work or not because it isn't for me.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Neo_Ch!p said:
I wonder how much memory it holds, perhaps max of 8gb as well as the 3DS. Looks similar to a PS2 memory card, waitaminute...

There'll be 2 and 4 GB cartridges which have been confirmed but I won't be surprised if the size increases.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:

I guess you can always use the search, though I don't know if it will work or not because it isn't for me.
http://www.engadget.com/liveblog/live-from...&refresh=60
scroll down

6:36AM Uses flash cards for games -- it looks like an SD card, but there's a curve to it that might suggest it's proprietary.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
"Software for the PlayStation Vita will be distributed on NVG Cards, a new proprietary flash card format, rather than on Universal Media Discs (UMDs) used by the original PlayStation Portable. NVG game cards will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB sizes. 5 — 10% of the writeable space will be reserved for save data, patches, etc. Higher-capacity game cards are planned to be made available for future releases." ~wikipedia

I remember seeing an image of one before the Vita was announced. I'm having a bit of difficultly finding that image though. I edit this post later if I find it again.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:

http://www.engadget.com/liveblog/live-from...&refresh=60
scroll down

6:36AM Uses flash cards for games -- it looks like an SD card, but there's a curve to it that might suggest it's proprietary.

sony-tokyo-event-1385.jpg

I see, well I guess me and them were late to the party. woops. You can lock this topic now then.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
KirbyBoy said:
I see, well I guess me and them were late to the party. woops. You can lock this topic now then.we can talk about this...
QUOTE(The Pi @ Jun 11 2011, 06:48 PM) "Software for the PlayStation Vita will be distributed on NVG Cards, a new proprietary flash card format, rather than on Universal Media Discs (UMDs) used by the original PlayStation Portable. NVG game cards will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB sizes. 5 — 10% of the writeable space will be reserved for save data, patches, etc. Higher-capacity game cards are planned to be made available for future releases." ~wikipedia

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
I see, well I guess me and them were late to the party. woops. You can lock this topic now then.we can talk about this...
QUOTE(The Pi @ Jun 11 2011, 06:48 PM) "Software for the PlayStation Vita will be distributed on NVG Cards, a new proprietary flash card format, rather than on Universal Media Discs (UMDs) used by the original PlayStation Portable. NVG game cards will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB sizes. 5 — 10% of the writeable space will be reserved for save data, patches, etc. Higher-capacity game cards are planned to be made available for future releases." ~wikipedia
Alright, I guess.

I'm wondering about this new format, seems it will be way better than UMDs that's for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT