Hardware PSVita: Game Cartridges Pictures

Nujui

I need something to do.
Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
3,933
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
Dreamland.
XP
851
Country
United States
psvitacase0.gif


Not much to report on other than the size, no other details have been given, just a picture of how game cartridges will look like for the PSVita.
[/p]

icon11.gif
Source
 

Lube_Skyballer

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
372
Trophies
0
Age
28
Website
Visit site
XP
221
Country
Netherlands
I applaud Sony for using a cartridge-based medium for their retail games on the PSvita, because UMD's weren't all that great. Loading took way too much time.
Cartridges are the way to go for handhelds (as proven by Nintendo)
 

Nujui

I need something to do.
Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
3,933
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
Dreamland.
XP
851
Country
United States
Narayan said:
i think this was already known before... when the NGP was announced
I've just seen it on news sites like that and I didn't see any when the vita was announced, so either me and them are late to the party, or we've just started to see them.
 

Nujui

I need something to do.
Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
3,933
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
Dreamland.
XP
851
Country
United States
Narayan said:
not when it was officially announced as Vita, it was when it was announced as NGP. in japan... i think.
I know, I'm just calling the NGP "Vita" now since the name is out. I'm not referring to when it was announced as vita. And if you can, could you find any pictures of the cartridges for when it was announced in Japan?
 

Narayan

desu~
Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Messages
2,926
Trophies
0
XP
734
Country
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
not when it was officially announced as Vita, it was when it was announced as NGP. in japan... i think.
I know, I'm just calling the NGP "Vita" now since the name is out. I'm not referring to when it was announced as vita. And if you can, could you find any pictures of the cartridges for when it was announced in Japan?
i'll have to dig deep in the USN... might help if someone know when was it posted...
 

Nujui

I need something to do.
Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
3,933
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
Dreamland.
XP
851
Country
United States
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
not when it was officially announced as Vita, it was when it was announced as NGP. in japan... i think.
I know, I'm just calling the NGP "Vita" now since the name is out. I'm not referring to when it was announced as vita. And if you can, could you find any pictures of the cartridges for when it was announced in Japan?
i'll have to dig deep in the USN... might help if someone know when was it posted...
I guess you can always use the search, though I don't know if it will work or not because it isn't for me.
 

emigre

i am a free i am not man a number
Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
8,421
Trophies
1
Age
31
Location
London
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
12,441
Country
United Kingdom
Neo_Ch!p said:
I wonder how much memory it holds, perhaps max of 8gb as well as the 3DS. Looks similar to a PS2 memory card, waitaminute...

There'll be 2 and 4 GB cartridges which have been confirmed but I won't be surprised if the size increases.
 

Narayan

desu~
Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Messages
2,926
Trophies
0
XP
734
Country
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
not when it was officially announced as Vita, it was when it was announced as NGP. in japan... i think.
I know, I'm just calling the NGP "Vita" now since the name is out. I'm not referring to when it was announced as vita. And if you can, could you find any pictures of the cartridges for when it was announced in Japan?

i'll have to dig deep in the USN... might help if someone know when was it posted...
I guess you can always use the search, though I don't know if it will work or not because it isn't for me.
http://www.engadget.com/liveblog/live-from...&refresh=60
scroll down

QUOTE
6:36AM Uses flash cards for games -- it looks like an SD card, but there's a curve to it that might suggest it's proprietary.
 

The Pi

Lurker
Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2010
Messages
1,637
Trophies
0
Location
Scotland
XP
329
Country
"Software for the PlayStation Vita will be distributed on NVG Cards, a new proprietary flash card format, rather than on Universal Media Discs (UMDs) used by the original PlayStation Portable. NVG game cards will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB sizes. 5 — 10% of the writeable space will be reserved for save data, patches, etc. Higher-capacity game cards are planned to be made available for future releases." ~wikipedia

I remember seeing an image of one before the Vita was announced. I'm having a bit of difficultly finding that image though. I edit this post later if I find it again.
 

Nujui

I need something to do.
Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
3,933
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
Dreamland.
XP
851
Country
United States
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
Narayan said:
not when it was officially announced as Vita, it was when it was announced as NGP. in japan... i think.
I know, I'm just calling the NGP "Vita" now since the name is out. I'm not referring to when it was announced as vita. And if you can, could you find any pictures of the cartridges for when it was announced in Japan?

i'll have to dig deep in the USN... might help if someone know when was it posted...
I guess you can always use the search, though I don't know if it will work or not because it isn't for me.
http://www.engadget.com/liveblog/live-from...&refresh=60
scroll down

QUOTE
6:36AM Uses flash cards for games -- it looks like an SD card, but there's a curve to it that might suggest it's proprietary.

sony-tokyo-event-1385.jpg



I see, well I guess me and them were late to the party. woops. You can lock this topic now then.
 

Narayan

desu~
Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Messages
2,926
Trophies
0
XP
734
Country
KirbyBoy said:
I see, well I guess me and them were late to the party. woops. You can lock this topic now then.we can talk about this...
QUOTE(The Pi @ Jun 11 2011, 06:48 PM) "Software for the PlayStation Vita will be distributed on NVG Cards, a new proprietary flash card format, rather than on Universal Media Discs (UMDs) used by the original PlayStation Portable. NVG game cards will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB sizes. 5 — 10% of the writeable space will be reserved for save data, patches, etc. Higher-capacity game cards are planned to be made available for future releases." ~wikipedia
 

Nujui

I need something to do.
Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
3,933
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
Dreamland.
XP
851
Country
United States
Narayan said:
KirbyBoy said:
I see, well I guess me and them were late to the party. woops. You can lock this topic now then.we can talk about this...
QUOTE(The Pi @ Jun 11 2011, 06:48 PM) "Software for the PlayStation Vita will be distributed on NVG Cards, a new proprietary flash card format, rather than on Universal Media Discs (UMDs) used by the original PlayStation Portable. NVG game cards will be available in 2 GB and 4 GB sizes. 5 — 10% of the writeable space will be reserved for save data, patches, etc. Higher-capacity game cards are planned to be made available for future releases." ~wikipedia
Alright, I guess.

I'm wondering about this new format, seems it will be way better than UMDs that's for sure.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Tom Bombadildo @ Tom Bombadildo:
    Maybe we can break it again Flame ;O;
  • Flame @ Flame:
    tom whats something cool to mod?
  • Flame @ Flame:
    i have a itch to mod something
  • Flame @ Flame:
    like broken or something

    I mod you <3 - Sweebs
  • Tom Bombadildo @ Tom Bombadildo:
    Urmum ;O;
  • Flame @ Flame:
    you cut
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    You chop
  • XAIXER @ XAIXER:
    Computer repair is always fun
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    It's bloody awful
  • XAIXER @ XAIXER:
    I find it quite vexing and soothing at the same time :P
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Shit always breaks at the wrong moment :')
  • XAIXER @ XAIXER:
    That too
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Doing it for a living and in me spare time.. Fuck it at times
  • XAIXER @ XAIXER:
    Yup
  • XAIXER @ XAIXER:
    If I get sick of computers, I just go back to linguistics.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Perhaps yelling in latin might help speed up the process of troubleshooting haha
  • XAIXER @ XAIXER:
    It actually does :P
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    there needs to be a compact mode
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i can only see 6 messages at a time
  • WiiMiiSwitch @ WiiMiiSwitch:
    How is everyone?
  • Plazorn @ Plazorn:
    I am good, also glad Temporary Mode is over
  • WiiMiiSwitch @ WiiMiiSwitch:
    Nice too know @Plazorn
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Need lifemod, me bored
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Need lifemod, me bored