ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have a Windows PC then you can compile it with Visual Studios -- I was using 2013, IIRC, but I think you can also use 2015 if you have Windows 10? It should be free for the community edition which is all you need.

If you want to build it on a Mac you can use Xamarin Studio, but if you do want to do that there's a bit of code that has to be added because of a bug in their implementation of Windows Forms (which aren't supported any longer so they aren't interested in fixing it).

In either case you just open the "solution" file (Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor.sln) and use "run".

If you're interested in always running the latest, because you're really hardcore into testing bleeding edge, then you can attach to supercarotte's github project and pull the latest code whenever he adds something and then re-run it.

That being said, @supercarotte forgot to push pokemonLevel.bin so no one (aside from him) can compile the code right now ;)

I forgot that github only synced the files present, not the whole folder :blush:

I attached it for now, I'll add it in a commit once I figure out how to do it :lol: You can also dump extdata, extract the B668 folder with SciresM's unpacker and rename the file "13" into "PokemonLevel.bin".

EDIT : it's on my github now too

PS: I did not make a release yet because I already made one with my previous commit. Besides, there are other stuff I want to include in 1.3.

PS 2: Anyone knows another 3DS file explorer beside EFE & 3DSExplorer ?

Attachments

• PokemonLevel.zip
    504 bytes · Views: 122
Last edited by supercarotte,

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Quick update : fixed PSSE not updating exp values when changing a level. I had to add a 6th .bin file for this, pokemonLevel.bin, that contains the total exp values needed to get to each level depending on base power (it's file #13 in the game's config tables). That's in my latest commit if you want to check it out.
Fantastic! That bug was always worrying me.
And does this fixed PSSE fix all exp values of all caught pokemon?
Or do I have to do something manually to fix the values?
I have set several pokemons to max level but I don't know which ones I have modified during the last months.
So, basically some pokemons have correct exp values and some do not.
What do I need to do to fix them?

Thanks.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fantastic! That bug was always worrying me.
And does this fixed PSSE fix all exp values of all caught pokemon?
Or do I have to do something manually to fix the values?
I have set several pokemons to max level but I don't know which ones I have modified during the last months.
So, basically some pokemons have correct exp values and some do not.
What do I need to do to fix them?

Thanks.

It updates experience points each time the level value is changed (for current pokemon only) or when you use the "All Caught Max Level" bulk edit code (all caught pokemons). So you should use that second option to update all of your pokemon's experience values.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
PS 2: Anyone knows another 3DS file explorer beside EFE & 3DSExplorer ?
CTRXplorer is the best file explorer you can find :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It updates experience points each time the level value is changed (for current pokemon only) or when you use the "All Caught Max Level" bulk edit code (all caught pokemons). So you should use that second option to update all of your pokemon's experience values.
So if the 1.0 was used to level a Pokemon to level 10, which didn't update the values. How would the latest version fix that? Do we have to set it to another level, save, then set it to 10 again?

Edit: Basically I have the same scenario as @Smynos .. About 200 poke I leveled up in game, and others through PSSE, but I don't know which is which

Last edited by Madridi,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
CTRXplorer is the best file explorer you can find :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So if the 1.0 was used to level a Pokemon to level 10, which didn't update the values. How would the latest version fix that? Do we have to set it to another level, save, then set it to 10 again?

Yes if you want to change the exp points of this pokemon only. If you want to update all of them at once, just use Max level option (but it'll also set all your pokemons to level 10. 13 or 15 based on much lollipops they can have and will feed them with the corresponding number of lollipops, as it was implemented a few days back)

(Also, I didn't meant a file explorer for the 3DS but something that can read 3DS games files on a PC^^ I've found some sprites I need but EFE crops them & 3DSexplorer doesn't want to open them)

Last edited by supercarotte,
Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yes if you want to change the exp points of this pokemon only. If you want to update all of them at once, just use Max level option (but it'll also set all your pokemons to level 10. 13 or 15 based on much lollipops they can have and will feed them with the corresponding number of lollipops, as it was implemented a few days back)

(Also, I didn't meant a file explorer for the 3DS but something that can read 3DS games files on a PC^^ I've found some sprites I need but EFE crops them & 3DSexplorer doesn't want to open them)
Thanks for the explanation. I sadly don't know any PC tools other than the ones you mentioned.

Btw, was the unreleased Pokemon ever removed?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the explanation. I sadly don't know any PC tools other than the ones you mentioned.

Btw, was the unreleased Pokemon ever removed?

Don't worry, I'll check if it's on spriter resources once it is up again ^^

What do you mean is the problem with unreleased pokemons ? PSSE has been updated with the latest Pokemon listings, so it supports all pokemons that have an entry in pokemondata.bin correctly : you can see/edit all of them through the main list, and both "all caught" & " caught available (non event)" codes work as their name suggests.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Don't worry, I'll check if it's on spriter resources once it is up again ^^

What do you mean is the problem with unreleased pokemons ? PSSE has been updated with the latest Pokemon listings, so it supports all pokemons that have an entry in pokemondata.bin correctly : you can see/edit all of them through the main list, and both "all caught" & " caught available (non event)" codes work as their name suggests.
It's not a "problem", but I'll refer you back to the following conversation:
Yeah. Ideally I'd like to remove the unreleased Pokémon from the UI and the bulk changes. (ie: "All Caught" should only catch all released Pokémon, I think?)
The other forms of Rotom have been released, yes (it was one of the very first events). Isn't there 2 options though ? "All Caught" and "All Available Caught" ? I'd like to keep to possibility of adding unreleased pokemons, it's pretty cool for debugging things ^^ Maybe we could figure a way to include event pokemons to the second patch instead.
Yeah, there is an option to catch all Pokemon, and another to catch all released one. But I'm actually supporting the idea of removing the possibility of catching all unreleased one.

I guess those who are looking to use it for debugging already have the knowledge to do it themselves. It shouldn't be an option for regular users..
I understand what you mean, PSSE should be as legit as possible for the end user. Maybe we can comment out the code involved in the release builds or somethings, so that only those who compile it can have this option ?
Yeah that should be fair enough I guess. Especially since probably not many people would know that a self compile and release would be different.

Not a lot of debuggers around. Only little kids cheating their way for bragging rights, and that's not really cool..

Hope that helps you remember the discussion :)

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not a "problem", but I'll refer you back to the following conversation:

Hope that helps you remember the discussion :)

Oh yeah, I understand what you mean. Actually it's one of the things I want to implement in v1.3^^
I've figured that if I tell PSSE to ignore everything that's (either n°999 or (normal type + BP of 30 + critical hit as a talent)) and aren't included in stagedataX files would be pretty accurate : only event pokemons with normal type, 30 BP & critical hit would be omitted after their event disappears from the game's files, which is very unlikely.
Now my problem is to find how the type and talent of each Pokemon are stored... I have a hint that talents are in pojemondata, hopefully types will be too so I don't have to include another file to the project. :lol:

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Oh yeah, I understand what you mean. Actually it's one of the things I want to implement in v1.3^^
I've figured that if I tell PSSE to ignore everything that's (either n°999 or (normal type + BP of 30 + critical hit as a talent)) and aren't included in stagedataX files would be pretty accurate : only event pokemons with normal type, 30 BP & critical hit would be omitted after their event disappears from the game's files, which is very unlikely.
Now my problem is to find how the type and talent of each Pokemon are stored... I have a hint that talents are in pojemondata, hopefully types will be too so I don't have to include another file to the project. :lol:
Yeah I think that should be pretty much accurate :)

As for the type and talent, I believe @nic0lette mentioned it before?

Lynrin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody has been banned for using a modified save until now. The only thing that could get you banned is using unreleased pokemons into competitions.

I didn't intent to use it for quotes only jewels, coins and hearts would prefer to play it legit but hate the freemium system

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't intent to use it for quotes only jewels, coins and hearts would prefer to play it legit but hate the freemium system

There is no problem then, you can give yourself max hearts, coins, jewels & items without being banned. Just keep a backup of your save in case something goes wrong ;)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of now, nobody has even been completely NNID banned for using unreleased Pokémon in competitions. All Nintendo does is remove your entry and block you from entering the same competition. You can still cheat and enter the next.

There is no point of cheating the competitions since you can use the same editor to give yourself the Mega Stone anyway.

Reactions: KaleoOmega

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As of now, nobody has even been completely NNID banned for using unreleased Pokémon in competitions. All Nintendo does is remove your entry and block you from entering the same competition. You can still cheat and enter the next.

There is no point of cheating the competitions since you can use the same editor to give yourself the Mega Stone anyway.

Precisely that, and I agree completely - aiming for high scores just takes away a place from someone that don't use the editor. If the first (with an obvious hacked score) and the fourth places (since it's the same person that posted on the Shuffle editing through SaveDataFiler topic some time ago when PSSE wasn't available yet) on the current NA rank had such consciousness...

quote.jpg

However, I sometimes forgot that people on internet usually needs to show their e-p**** to everyone... :/

Disclaimer: I'm not against using the editor, nor could be; I'm against only the ones that use it on online competitions, prejudicing others that have nothing to do with it.
But I'm not here to play internet police, so I'll finish my proto-rant here :P

*May 03 EDIT* Whoever you are, trying to impersonate me on Relva's channel, I must say: try harder, loser. I couldn't care less if people are using any ways to hack, the only thing that I can feel is pity for these ones that need their 5 seconds of ~glory~ on a 3DS game.

I know already how to do it. And isn't related at all with anything you said, retarded:

CFDEWnc.png

Last edited by KaleoOmega, , Reason: Proving some things to a dumbass, although that idiot didn't deserved any attention at all

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Precisely that, and I agree completely - aiming for high scores just takes away a place from someone that don't use the editor. If the first (with an obvious hacked score) and the fourth places (since it's the same person that posted on the Shuffle editing through SaveDataFiler topic some time ago when PSSE wasn't available yet) on the current NA rank had such consciousness...

View attachment 46383

However, I sometimes forgot that people on internet usually needs to show their e-p**** to everyone... :/

Disclaimer: I'm not against using the editor, nor could be; I'm against only the ones that use it on online competitions, prejudicing others that have nothing to do with it.
But I'm not here to play internet police, so I'll finish my proto-rant here :P
i was wondering If reqoute was hacking.

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also