PSP SUCH A BAD HANDHELD

ScatmanJohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jesus... PSP is such a bad handheld for emulators... literally every emulator is old and every game has issues....
i quit... i need to sell my psp... this device is useless. i orderd a new battery for it on amazon and the battery dies fast literally after few min using a UMD

PSP SUCKS!

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus... PSP is such a bad handheld for emulators... literally every emulator is old and every game has issues....
i quit... i need to sell my psp... this device is useless. i orderd a new battery for it on amazon and the battery dies fast literally after few min using a UMD

PSP SUCKS!
Its a portable PS2..... if you wanted busted emulators use a DS

and tbh what are you even emulating? Most SNES/Gem/GBA games run fine

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time since I've had a PSP. The one thing that kept me from buying another one after mine died was the terrible thumbstick and the lack of R2/L2 for PS1 titles. As I recall, some games like Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean ran poorly on the SNES emulator, (hardware limitations?) but I haven't touched a PSP since 2009. From what people are always saying, the PS Vita is pretty much the best handheld for retro emulation, all while being able to play PSP and Vita games natively and having proper analog sticks.

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
And remember, the Vita is an OLED screen so at least you can stream/watch things with a decently up to date Screen,

Reactions: Payne

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For goodness sake! Just to give four examples that blatantly contradict these ramblings:
1) S9xTYL works great, with 4 graphics modes available, even with Far East of Eden Zero (eng patched), a notoriously difficult game to emulate;
2) Neko Project II, emulator of the famous Japanese PC-98 computer, works perfectly with virtually all titles, including english patched ones;
3) PSPKVM, port of the MIDP/Java emulator, is excellent for playing java games for old Nokia, Samsung etc. mobile phones, with almost full compatibility.
4) PSX games, via the internal Pops + Popsloader, work perfectly, and with the recent trick of replacing the game ID with certain others, compatibility is total.

Are these examples sufficient? And to hell with that damn PS vita.!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The PSP was an amazing system, Had great emulators for many different consoles and a good amount of games. I suppose you don't have a reasonable taste to handhelds?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the biggest problem was dredging through all the outdated and different versions of emulators. Some were abandoned. It was fairly easy to install a shit version. Though good versions are out there.

Also, shit batteries are easy to come by…unfortunately. The vita is much better. I sold my psp 3001 after I got a vita. Doesn’t really matter which version, though some will fight about it.

Reactions: tech3475

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess the biggest problem was dredging through all the outdated and different versions of emulators. Some were abandoned. It was fairly easy to install a shit version. Though good versions are out there.

Also, shit batteries are easy to come by…unfortunately. The vita is much better. I sold my psp 3001 after I got a vita. Doesn’t really matter which version, though some will fight about it.
a lot of emulators back then also didn't include version numbers, or had unofficial "forks" that weren't discernibly different, like masterboy 3.02 and 3.10, i remember trying to find the "latest" version of lamecraft/pspcraft/psp minecraft", infinite rabbithole

Reactions: slaphappygamer

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
since there are many other, cheap emulation devices now a days i decided to use my psp only for psp games ;)
i also did battery mod and i can easly play most demanding titles for 10 hours. PSP is great

• Love
Reactions: OPPAI_DAISUKI

ScatmanJohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah right... if you play a GBA game for example ... mario world 2 and u keep running fast... LOL u see the screen acting weird.

PSP 3004 SUCKS !

• Angry
Reactions: Henchman1

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PSP SUCKS!
Yea no, ignoring you because no one should say a game system sucks because of the homebrew like what even?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The PSP was one of the greatest handhelds ever, if not *the* greatest when it comes to homebrew content and emulators.

The PSP was also released... 18 years ago.... and although a few people keep updating their builds of PSP emulators to this day, these are of course the minority - most have moved on.

You're either a professional contrarian or simply a troll trying to bait people into raging at you. There are reasons why the PSP is widely beloved within and outside the homebrew community.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4