Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I put a dividing line between the top emulators and the older ones (for systems I know), as well as adding more detailed descriptions for the emulators I'm familiar with (such as the removed features of the GBA branch).

I'm not familiar with wiki formatting so it's up to somebody else to put the fancy subheaders like redfalcon showed. ^^;
And of course re-arrange the ones I'm not familiar with, such as the Atari and CPS/whatever emulators.

Storm101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This appears to be a newer version of gpSP-J than what is on the wiki: http://www.emucr.com/2012/06/gpsp-j-20120616.html

I have no idea what this is supposed to be, though: http://www.emucr.com/2012/07/gpsp-09-signed-fix-3.html

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
12/16/06 is marked as the latest on filetrip, so I fixed the link (links shouldn't point to a specific version if a file has updates, I realize) and took out the version number.
I left Kai as-is since it looks like that branch was dropped ages ago.

EDIT: And the second link is signed homebrew for use with V/HBL, it's of no interest to people with hacked PSPs (which should be everybody since all models are hackable). We're not bothering to list all the signed stuff because the signed stuff is generally inferior (older versions usually).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just rejigged my memory stick and noticed something i classed as odd....Snes Euphoria r5 beta 3 reads as r2 in it's information. Reassure me that I'm not alone in this disconcerting them (especially as R4 reads as R4...)

And on that topic....i've been using R4 lately and if anything it seems better than R5?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't check that atm, but is there anything Euphoria does better than TYLmecm? TYL seemed vastly superior to me.

I've always use mecm too, but for some reason had a Euphoria variant on one of my smaller, older sticks so i gave it a go (turns out it was R4). Since i knew that wasn't the final release i actually gave the R5 beta 3 a go. Aside from it showing up as R2 in the information on the XMB (it is R5 in the emulator though) it actually seems buggier than R4, albeit slightly faster to load ROMs. Makes me wonder how many releases we commonly assume are the best are actually inferior to their older iterations.

Storm101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I find the UO Kai version of gpSP to be better than gpSP-J even though J is more recent. The games I played ran smoother on Kai and it's harder to make games look good on J without using the smooth option, which just makes everything blurrier.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mame is hit or miss. there are a few tweaked mame ports that run a handful of games rather well, but a do-all mame emu does not seem to exist. there are specific emus that do a specific set of games much better than a mame emulator. this would include cps1, cps2, neogeo, final burn alpha, etc.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Emulation_on_PSP#Arcade

-another world

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in particular, I'm hoping to find something that would run the MAME4ALL rom set that is compatible with the DStwo, and ideally just a bit more compatible, and hopefully with more games at full speed.

I was stunned with how well MAME4Droid worked on my phone, but running something like the NG version of Super Dodge Ball just would not work with its keyboard, and even some games that I could get away with not needing something as precise as a dedicated d-pad and gaming buttons would easily slaughter its battery life.

And if at all possible, I'd love to take that crazy Ninja Baseball Batman game to play on my PSP. That was a lot of fun!

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, in particular, I'm hoping to find something that would run the MAME4ALL rom set that is compatible with the DStwo, and ideally just a bit more compatible, and hopefully with more games at full speed.

I was stunned with how well MAME4Droid worked on my phone, but running something like the NG version of Super Dodge Ball just would not work with its keyboard, and even some games that I could get away with not needing something as precise as a dedicated d-pad and gaming buttons would easily slaughter its battery life.

And if at all possible, I'd love to take that crazy Ninja Baseball Batman game to play on my PSP. That was a lot of fun!

I recently got an itch to play some arcade asteroids on my PSP so i did some playing around and found that the MAME4ALL_v4.9r2 usermode version works pretty nicely with the same romset as i have for the DStwo emulator.
According to the readme's the PSP version runs 0.34-0.36 mixed games, while the DSTwo emulator uses 0.37b.
The games ives played from my .037b havent had any issues, (and if they do its not hard to convert 'em with cmpro).
My only gripe so far is i dont think you can't rotate the screen that i know of.

I usually have (L)ME 6.60 as my CFW, but i did a quick test and it also works on Pro-C

edit: theres a new version of Daedalus out.
http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/homebrew/download-daedalusx64-version-782-f31097.html

Reactions: codezer0

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got an itch to play some arcade asteroids on my PSP so i did some playing around and found that the MAME4ALL_v4.9r2 usermode version works pretty nicely with the same romset as i have for the DStwo emulator.
According to the readme's the PSP version runs 0.34-0.36 mixed games, while the DSTwo emulator uses 0.37b.
The games ives played from my .037b havent had any issues, (and if they do its not hard to convert 'em with cmpro).
My only gripe so far is i dont think you can't rotate the screen that i know of.

I usually have (L)ME 6.60 as my CFW, but i did a quick test and it also works on Pro-C

edit: theres a new version of Daedalus out.
http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/homebrew/download-daedalusx64-version-782-f31097.html
Okay, I decided to give that a try. Put the usermode version in my /PSP/GAME/ folder. Put the roms and such in its created folder with the eboot. First thing to notice was not all the games from the big romset showing up on there. But given what you said, I kinda reasoned that would happen. Even so, trying to start up any one of them and the thing just stays frozen when it shows me the options. no buttons respond other than the Home button to exit out. So, uh... how do I start anything?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
my bad, im using the usermode-nocps1-nonogeo eboot. the regular usermode had been working but now oddly isnt.

also, i think i misspoke about my romset. because now iirc, i actually added my dstwo set to an already converted set for the psp emu.
i'll pm you with more details about the process i used to get it all superhappy fun-fun.

Reactions: codezer0

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help!

Also decided to check out the list. I see that gpSPJ is recommended, but... any way to get the UI stuff in english? Nothing against japanese, but hard to figure out how to change stuff when I can't read a lick of it. :wacko:

Reactions: VatoLoco

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that took care of a number of things.

Though I suppose I've just one more question. Has anyone found a way to run Ninja Baseball Batman successfully on the PSP? The rom is made in MAME, but MAME4ALL refuses to recognize it's even there. For what it's worth, the english version is categorized as being from Irem America according to MamePlus on my PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1