Hacking PSP Retro Emulators

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm having a bit of a problem here myself too.

I'm trying to get Ys IV: Dawn of Ys working on PSPHugo. I'm using the English translation patch for the game (not the dub patch).
Basically, I ripped the disc, patched it. It works on PC emulators. Converted the sound files to MP3 (the emulator supposedly accepts those only), made changes to the .cue file accordingly. My toc file is also working properly.

Yet the whole console freezes when I try to RUN the game. I'm not sure what to do and after so many Ys games played on my PSP, I'd rather not play this one on PC. :/

I know the game should be working and I'm probably doing something wrong somewhere... just don't know where.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP emulators wiki page has been tampered and replaced with a bunch of garbage. I went ahead and reverted the changes for everyone. If an admin can take a look at the IP of the griefer and block them from editing, that would be great

VGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have updated the description for gpsp-J after I did some tests between the latest forks of gpsp. I will continue testing, so far gpsp-J seems to be the most compatible GBA emu.

I haven't tested the cheats functionality.

gp1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hello

is psp 1000 or phat (fat) good for gba and mega drive emulation ?

could i run gba games on first psp smoothly ? without problem ?

thanks

VGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello

is psp 1000 or phat (fat) good for gba and mega drive emulation ?

could i run gba games on first psp smoothly ? without problem ?

thanks
Yes, most GBA games will run fine, as long as you use one of the gpsp versions mentioned in the article.

Mega Drive emulation is even easier/better, most games run full speed without frameskip.

gp1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Yes, most GBA games will run fine, as long as you use one of the gpsp versions mentioned in the article.

Mega Drive emulation is even easier/better, most games run full speed without frameskip.

thanks

is there any important difference between first psp and psp 3000 for gba emulation ? (for example in terms of emulation speed)

also have you tested zelda minish cap ? or Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World ?

thanks a lot

VGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only difference is that the 1000 has 32mb memory instead of 64mb, but that doesn't make much difference, so don't worry about that, performance is almost the same.

(But of course, the newer psps have other advantages, better screen, smaller etc. I guess you know about that)

I haven't tested those two games, maybe I'll give them a shot later before going to sleep.

spencer5976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got problem with Master Boy emulator... i copy all 4000+ GameBoy roms into correct GB folder, but it shows only up to letter "S" that's approximately 2000-th rom.

Why it wont show all of the roms i copied on to GB folder??

I like to put A-Z folders in the roms folder and alphabetize my roms it seems to work.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Only because all file systems have a limit to the number of files to show/control into one directory

i get it... i guess 10.000 roms are to much for poor masterboy :P

I grouped them in 123 - A - Z folders and it works perfectly now :D (by the way, 123 folder is folder for roms such as "80 in 1 or roms that starts with numbers")

VGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, is there some Snes9X TLY thread where i can say what bugs i encounter and find solutions and such :)
The official release thread of snes9x-mod is at the wololo forum, the rest of the forks are inactive. But I think you can post in this thread, too.

Reactions: Metoroid0

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, does anyone knows if there is some Sega Dreamcst VMU emulator for PSP, if there is one..i couldn find any, just for DS, bud i want it for PSP :/

And by the way, what are extensions for VMU roms?

Help please. :D
What about VirtuaMunstaz? A quick google search brought that up. If it works, have fun with your Chao.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol