Hacking Homebrew PSP - PSone Emulation Hacked

grayswan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP Brew is not working that great for me. The first PS1 game I downloaded was Castlevania syphony of the night. I have the game but I couldn't convert it cause I needed an eboot to rename to base.pbp. The castlevania I downloaded already had modified save and game icons. looks great. Using that as base.pbp I converted my own Xenogears, FFVII and Parasite Eve They all work great but have the icons in the menu for castlevania SOTN. I tried using PSP brew to rename the eboot. It does take a good minute or so to load the game in PSPbrew. However after I change the name I can't resave the PBP. It gave me an error saying it ran out of space (over 100Gig left on that drive) I tried it a few times. Just not working for me I guess. Though admitedly it was late last night and I had to head to bed without much troubleshooting. Still has anyone else had this problem?

This means that it was already converted for your use on PSP.

base.pbp needs to come from HotShots Golf 2 from the PS3 store/bittorrent site. popstation was designed after HSG2...

Yeah I've read that. however since castlevania was converted with HG2 and the games I've converted with castlevania play fine (from what I've seen and read it's just moving the same tags over that were copied from HG2), I doubt that is the problem with PSPbrew. I've already remedied the problem with another program anyway. PSPbrew wasn't intended for PBPs this large from what I can see. Thanks for your reply though.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no more hex editing is needed

PSP brew

No more HEX editing. This version of PSP brew has proven be useful in many ways with the new firmware 3.02 OE-b. By renaming the eboot within PSP Brew, you save the problem with saving more than PSX emulated game.

All PSPBrew did for me was choke on shit and die when I fed it Symphony of the Night.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just took ages to read it.

Yup, exactly the same thing happened to me. Use PopStation GUI by KingSquitter (listed above).

Final Fantasy 7 on the PSP owns
biggrin.gif
Sony should be glad, a hell of a lot more PSPs are sure to sell now.

Resident0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been playing FFIX all night on the psp!

It's perfect. I hope SONY just give up now and just let people use their PSPs as they want.

I'm tired of firmware updates every other day. :'(

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone know of a compatability list?
EDIT: didnt really try psp brew since its a windows app and doesnt run under wine

everything seems to be pretty much flawless,exept for the CDDA(music) wich has glitches sometimes and GFX glitches in some games(you can't see the menu when you press ''square'' in crono cross)

but for an emu wich wasn't conceived for this purpose,popstation is probably the best thing that ever happened to PSP

as for using linux to play psx on PSP
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47333

or just look for ''popstation linux'' in google

Nenyana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone know of a compatability list?
EDIT: didnt really try psp brew since its a windows app and doesnt run under wine

everything seems to be pretty much flawless,exept for the CDDA(music) wich has glitches sometimes and GFX glitches in some games(you can't see the menu when you press ''square'' in crono cross)

but for an emu wich wasn't conceived for this purpose,popstation is probably the best thing that ever happened to PSP

as for using linux to play psx on PSP
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47333

or just look for ''popstation linux'' in google

The CDDA glitches issue has also been fixed in most cases, a modified version of Popstation searches for the .ccd of your Psx images and uses it to create a TOC which then patches a header into your compiled eboot during creation. I tried this and the previously no background music in Ridge Racer is now working.

All information can be found here including the modified popstation download:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43050

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo