Hacking PSP problems

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sometimes (it's very rare), when playing a PSP ISO, my PSP's screen goes black and I have no choice but to turn the PSP off. I have 6.61 PRO-C with Infinity installed.

Also, if I take the battery after the PSP's power LED starts to blink (meaning low battery) and put it back, the PSP runs out of battery for good many times, so I have to charge it. Is it normal?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sometimes (it's rare) during a game's loading my PSP 3000's screen goes black and I have no other choice but to turn off the PS3. I have 6.61 Pro-C Infinity installed.
Since it is rare what is the problem? Of course it is not a normal thing. I have a PSP 3004 with the same cfw and it never happened to me. What does the PS3 have to do with it?

Also, if I take the battery after the PSP's light starts to blink (meaning low battery) and put it back, the PSP runs out of battery for good many times, so I have to charge it. Is it normal?
If the light is red and blinking it means it is completely empty. Then why do you take it off the console instead of charging it with its power supply? What is the point of that? If you take it off empty, when you put it back in its slot it will still be like that. It's simple logic, or am I wrong?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Since it is rare what is the problem? Of course it is not a normal thing. I have a PSP 3004 with the same cfw and it never happened to me. What does the PS3 have to do with it?

If the light is red and blinking it means it is completely empty. Then why do you take it off the console instead of charging it with its power supply? What is the point of that? If you take it off empty, when you put it back in its slot it will still be like that. It's simple logic, or am I wrong?

My mistake, I meant the PSP. It also happened in previous PSPs. Even though it's rare, it's still a problem. If so, why are some rare issues fixed by updates, in general?

I don't get what you meant. Even though it's blinking, the PSP still has some battery left, hence it's blinking, so why doesn't it have it when I put it back? Anyway, is it normal for it to ask the time after taking the battery and putting it back?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What do you mean? That by taking the battery out of the PS Vita and putting it back in, you don't have to set the date and time? Then in addition to that it also has an internal micro battery that keeps the date and time, I suppose.

I asked if the same thing happened with the PS Vita since I don't know because its battery isn't removable like the PSP's.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Who knows?!?
"To be or not to be, that is the question."
Lol. 😉

Why do the date and time have to be set when there's a power outage, the consoles' power cords are taken and connected again or the consoles' power strips' switches are clicked and not every console (and electrical device in general) automatically change to daylight saving time?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does one hves to set date and time when there's a power surge and not every console (and every eletronics in general) automatically change to daylight saving time?
Certain chips, like SRAM, forget their memory if they are not given a constant voltage. If there is some electrical irregularity, that memory is forgotten and a new one must be given.

Daylight Savings Time must be calculated based on a calendar, which old electronics were only programmed to keep track of units of time. If new electronics lack the ability to keep track of Daylight Savings Time, it could be because the country of manufacture does not practice it.

Last edited by zfreeman,
Reactions: Windows_10_User

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what isn't there another battery?
  1. Cost
  2. Size restrictions
  3. Repair
  4. Safety
Considering handhelds are put through more extreme temperatures outside the home, the likelyhood of batteries rupturing increases. Given this situation, it is better for the battery acid to be contained in the battery compartment, compared to contaminating the motherboard.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Certain chips, like SRAM, forget their memory if they are not given a constant voltage. If there is some electrical irregularity, that memory is forgotten and a new one must be given.

Daylight Savings Time must be calculated based on a calendar, which old electronics were only programmed to keep track of units of time. If new electronics lack Daylight Savings Time, it could be because the country of manufacture does not practice it.

What do you mean by the country not practicing it? It forgets that setting like date and time.

1. Cost
  2. Size restrictions
  3. Repair
  4. Safety
Considering handhelds are put through more extreme temperatures outside the home, the likelyhood of batteries rupturing increases. Given this situation, it is better for the battery acid to be contained in the battery compartment, compared to contaminating the motherboard.

Battery acid?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean, the country doesn't practice it? It forgets that setting like date and time.

Battery acid?
I was just noting that most countries don't observe Daylight Savings Time. Also, it makes sense to store that setting with date time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_by_country

If a battery were to rupture, the battery acid from it could corrode the surrounding components and the PCB. The PSP has a sequestered compartment for the battery, preventing that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.