• Both are bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to have to choose between 2 mediocre products which are entirely unneeded in the market and made of fail.

PSPGo! - Failed Experiment, downloads+hardware too expensive, not nice controls

DSiLL - Its just a DSi with bigger screens. No need for it at all so just WHY!?!?!

All in all I choose a PSP-1000 for hackability and my DSPhat because I love it
nds.gif

Edit for extra comment:
blackdragonbahamut said:
the dsi ll is more interesting

?!?!?!?!? More interesting? Its a DSi with bigger screens. It will hopefully be a huge bomb like the GBAMicro in my opinion.

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PSP Go:

Cons: just about everything

Pros: It's shiny.... I guess

DSi XL/LL:

Cons: There is nothing new besides the bigger screens. It also looks like a fucking brick.

Pros: You get to give Nintendo more money for something you bought in March. (It's a pro for Nintendo
tongue.gif
)

tl;dr Neither. They both suck.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Nintendo DSi LL means NINTENDO DSi LANGUAGE LAB that is used for people who reads a lot. That's why it has some dictionary apps and such.

Taken from a person here.
QUOTE said:
Has anyone here been to Japan or studied Japanese? No one really understands the target of this new DSi the way I think it was intended...

LL commonly refers to a language lab, or place of lingual studdies and tools. If you have the a dictionary like the DS kanji dictionary Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten, look up "LL".

In east asia, especially Japan, students carry devices called electronic dictionaries. These allow you to convert between a number of languages easily (English, Japanese, Chinese, often European languages as well) and look up kanji by writing it rather than determining stroke count and radicals.

For poorer students like myself, the DS offers pretty good electronic dictionary software. You can write kanji on the screen and it is identified, converted to English, the works. Electronic dictionaries often look kind of like a DS or one of those sidekick phones, so a DS blends in well.
The DS also offers fun educational/training software so it's good for students to have.

Electronic dictionaries and language / brain training games are much more popular in Japan. The DSi LL appeals to this specific market segment - it comes preloaded with dictionary and educational software, while the screens as more suited to electronic dictionary use and reading. The design uses more classy/professional colors and won't stand out in a classroom.

Games are still fine but won't look as nice with big pixels (debatable), but people who want to play play play already have a system. People interested in the language services are usually more on the fence. This model will probably not come out state-side since we don't use Asian languages or electronic dictionaries so much.

I guess no one on the board who bothered posting is from Japan or that familiar with the culture but the case/screen/stylus design, preloaded software, and "LL" aren't just a coincidence.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jamstruth said:
I don't want to have to choose between 2 mediocre products which are entirely unneeded in the market and made of fail.

PSPGo! - Failed Experiment, downloads+hardware too expensive, not nice controls

DSiLL - Its just a DSi with bigger screens. No need for it at all so just WHY!?!?!

All in all I choose a PSP-1000 for hackability and my DSPhat because I love it
nds.gif

Edit for extra comment:
blackdragonbahamut said:
the dsi ll is more interesting

?!?!?!?!? More interesting? Its a DSi with bigger screens. It will hopefully be a huge bomb like the GBAMicro in my opinion.

rolleyes.gif
yeah operation 'micro' was over successful:.
no what i wanted to say is that in comparison with the psplow the dsillcoolj' is the more interesting hardware, yes its just a dsi with a larger size and yes it has exact the same functions like the dsi, what can't be said of the psp modell
hate2.gif
:.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The GO is better IMO, but I said both are bad. I like the GO, but wouldn't want to buy one until a CFW is released.

Who wants a netbook sized DS?

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both are bad!
PSP gets DS sized, and DS is getting Double Sized. Makes you wonder what slot 2 was meant for (not just for playing GBA games, like how Pokemon allows Pokemon 'transfers'), like the rest of the things Nintendo created (E-Reader, Wireless Link Adapter, etc) it gets killed off, huh? (Needs moar commitment)

What's next, a keychain sized PSP? A Laptop DS? Higher price -> pointless "spinoff" consoles!
Ye olde PSP > PSP nowadays, Ye olde DS/DSLite > A bunch of other DS' they keep coming up with. Less random console choices. If this keeps up, we'll have a Super DSWiiP60-3 Advanced, Atari Genesis build.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't fathom anything really wrong with a larger, optional model of the DSi, seriously.
It's like complaining that a company later produces a larger size of their pants.

PSP Go is like having a popular brand of pants, but re-releasing them without pockets or a zipper, and raising the price.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
I can't fathom anything really wrong with a larger, optional model of the DSi, seriously.
It's like complaining that a company later produces a larger size of their pants.

PSP Go is like having a popular brand of pants, but re-releasing them without pockets or a zipper, and raising the price.
Actually understand what your are trying to say O.O lol

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
blackdragonbahamut said:
no what i wanted to say is that in comparison with the psplow the dsillcoolj' is the more interesting hardware, yes its just a dsi with a larger size and yes it has exact the same functions like the dsi, what can't be said of the psp modell
hate2.gif
:.

If anything I'd say the PSP Go! has the more interesting hardware (if hacked) due to its 16gb of internal storage compared to the DSi XL which is absolutely identical to a DSi but on a bigger scale.

I.e. Different=more interesting

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
both are bad, to me PSP Go is...fail.
the DSi LL/XL is just a DSi with bigger screens.

I'd rather go with a standard Dsi tbh and right now thanks to the Supercard DStwo (when it final comes out) I'll be considering trading my DSl in for a DSi

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the DS LL/XL is just the same thing as the DSi except pricier and with a bigger screen and a dildo-sized stylus. I guess it's for head trauma victims or something.

The PSP Go is just an advanced concept done absolutely atrociously. It's overpriced, underdeveloped, and has way too many oversights.

I mean, with the DS vs. PSP, both are pretty on-par. It's not quite fair to compare the PSP Go to any console, because the PSP Go is horrible. Well, unless you compare the Go to something like that Gizmodo device.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
luke_c said:
DSiLL, Remember kids, the bigger the better!
rolleyes.gif

Hop2089 said:
21st century: Smaller is better
QUOTE(Joe88 @ Dec 2 2009, 04:21 AM)
both are fail
I think we've found our equilibrium
smileipb2.png

The LL doesn't look that bad, and the PSPgo doesn't look overly bad either, but the implementation failed. Hard.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Guild McCommunist said:
a dildo-sized stylus.
At least it's better than the useless plastic toothpicks the previous models had. And the LL will have one of those as well as the dildo.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can handle the styli from the DSL and DSi (and I have huge hands), but I still use one that was made as a four-way pen (black and blue nibs, 0.5 pencil, and a stylus). The pens ran out a long time ago and I've not replaced the graphite in the pencil as I don't really need it, but its stylus is my weapon of choice
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.