Gaming PSP GEN A Probaly not coming...

phanboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
6.XX CFW wont be released because of its incompatabilities with homebrew..

in short:
if 6.XX CFW were to be released, the homebrew scene would die and only pirates would remain

/thread

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
phanboi said:
6.XX CFW wont be released because of its incompatabilities with homebrew..

in short:
if 6.XX CFW were to be released, the homebrew scene would die and only pirates would remain

/thread

BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Give this man a prize!

Yes, you are correct. The only way we are going to see a CFW 6.XX is if some Pirate coder decides to make a 6.XX CFW.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Yes! We ALL would ditch our current M33/GEN firmwares because we are too lazy to decrypt 6.xx games and we want to lose our homebrew compatibility.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
GreatCrippler said:
/sigh, I am gonna get flamed here. Gen Ripped off M33. They have created NOTHING. Without someone else to give them the baseline like DA did in the past, they are floundering. They are a talented team, but to compare them to someone like DA who could write the custom firmwares for each new firmware as it came out is silly. The reason we have no CFW 6.xx is because they are incapable of writing it. No more, no less.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

The material quoted by Princess Rozalin is correct. There already are 6.x branched CFWs in development, but everyone has encountered the same quoted issues. The GEN team is perfectly capable, but there are many issues outside of their control.

I have no idea what I am talking about? So Miriam didn't make the GEN Firmware based on material given by DA in confidence? Oh wait.. That is what happened.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know what you're talking about because your claims are empty...
Or do you have a legitimate evidence to prove that
GreatCrippler said:
The reason we have no CFW 6.xx is because they are incapable of writing it. No more, no less.
rather than that it would cause homebrew incompatibility(which has happened before)?

Without evidence, all you're doing is flaming GEN

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My evidence of them being incapable is the simple lack of a 6.XX cfw. If it shows, I will happily eat my words, and the hat sitting on my nightstand if I get proven wrong. I have found in the past if a hacker can do something... they will. As for them having ripped off DA to begin with? I am taking his word for it.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you not read at all? The reason why 6.xx is not out is because it will cause homebrew incompatibility. Your evidence is invalid. Just because it's not there doesn't prove at all that they can't do it. In the end, all you're doing is assuming that they can't because they didn't release...

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you get off assuming that I'm angry?

Anyway, your statement may have been true, if not for the fact that my "assumptions" have some backing.
1. GEN had posted screenshots of 6.xx firmware before when they were working on it
2. Multiple groups had worked on 6.xx firmware, all encountered the same homebrew incompatibility problem as GEN did
3. It's a fact that 6.xx firmware has structurally been changed.
4. This isn't the first time homebrew incompatibility surfaced from new firmware (from 1.5x to 3.xx)

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:

Anyway, your statement may have been true, if not for the fact that my "assumptions" have some backing.
1. GEN had posted screenshots of 6.xx firmware before when they were working on it
2. Multiple groups had worked on 6.xx firmware, all encountered the same homebrew incompatibility problem as GEN did
3. It's a fact that 6.xx firmware has structurally been changed.
4. This isn't the first time homebrew incompatibility surfaced from new firmware (from 1.5x to 3.xx)

I am aware of all of this. I just truly believe that team GEN is in over their head. As are all of the other guys trying and failing at wring a new CFW. DA did it best, and he is sadly missed.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, DA was truly a great contributor to the PSP CFW community. But let's face reality, DA has left the scene. You can argue all you want about which is better, but it's a fact that GEN has stepped up and developed the firmware ever since DA left, regardless of whether they made the base or not. It can't be argued that they didn't develop 5.50 CFW and many other utilities that allowed the CFW scene to continue to live on.

You can believe that they can't do it, and that may be the case, but there is no grounds for it. That makes it no different than a flame.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
Yes, DA was truly a great contributor to the PSP CFW community. But let's face reality, DA has left the scene. You can argue all you want about which is better, but it's a fact that GEN has stepped up and developed the firmware ever since DA left, regardless of whether they made the base or not. It can't be argued that they didn't develop 5.50 CFW and many other utilities that allowed the CFW scene to continue to live on.

You can believe that they can't do it, and that may be the case, but there is no grounds for it. That makes it no different than a flame.

I can and will argue on the makings of the 5.50 cfw. Not here not now. If you think I am just flaming, I have no need to take this any further. I just wish people clinging to hope for a new cfw would do their homework.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sucks that Sony finally wised up to a very obvious way to kill the piracy on their system, because homebrew suffers as well. I really love the themes and emulators on my PSP, as well as having my UMDs on memory stick to bring load times down to tolerable (e.g. Mana Khemia).

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP

1. GEN had posted screenshots of 6.xx firmware before when they were working on it And do you have any evidence to support that claim? I want evidence from Team GEN, not some speculation from a random psp site btw.
2. Multiple groups had worked on 6.xx firmware, all encountered the same homebrew incompatibility problem as GEN did This encountered homebrew problem thing never happened. Team Mack's 6.00 cfw just bricked psps or refused to install and Team Roxxanne's 6.20 cfw hasn't even been released yet.
3. It's a fact that 6.xx firmware has structurally been changed. You seem to know something.
4. This isn't the first time homebrew incompatibility surfaced from new firmware (from 1.5x to 3.xx) Yet back then, the PSP Homebrew scene was still alive and well. Many developers ported their 1.5x homebrew to 3.71 and many plugins (Such as LEDA and the 1.50 plugin for phats) enabled 1.5 homebrew on 5.xx cfw.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Go to GEN's site, they had posted screenshots of it while they were working on it
2. The reason why release never came is because of the homebrew incompatibility
3. And you seem to not. What's your point?
4. Yes, you said it yourself. "back then, the PSP Homebrew scene was still alive and well. " Now, how many homebrew devs are still around? How many would be willing to come back just so they can port their homebrew to yet another version?

@GreatCrippler: You've already stated your case. The "I can argue against it but I won't" excuse. By the way, you've stated above that "I am aware of all of this." when I made those 4 claims, yet now you act as if that wasn't the case.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
1. Bravo! Note that it says
QUOTE said:
Use your fucking eyes.

2. Team Mack 6.00 was released. But never worked because they couldn't disable the all the cfw checks, but the majority of people couldn't install it anyways and Team Roxxanne will release theirs soon.

3. And how does my intelligence relate to 6.xx CFW?

4. A large majority of PSP homebrew is open source. The PSP Homebrew scene is still alive but not as much as before. The current developers can still port the old 5.xx homebrew to 6.xx.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
fgghjjkll said:
Yes! We ALL would ditch our current M33/GEN firmwares because we are too lazy to decrypt 6.xx games and we want to lose our homebrew compatibility.
Homebrew incompatibility happened before... And still, it was ported/redone to fit the new firmware.

So unless there's NO WAY to run homebrews in fw/cfw 6.xx, the heck is that argument, really???

Homebrews stopped working? Port 'em or do new ones!!! I like having something to keep my psp battery going for longer when I'm listening to music...

Seriously, is the situation really that bad? >:/

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
But it wouldn't happen straight away. Unless YOU can code a LEDA equivalent, ELoader OR a 5.xx plugin then maybe my arument does suck and i deserve to die in a fire pit for jews in WWII.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...