DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psp firmware 4.00 released today new features include:
* Google Search Functionality directly from the XMB.
* Functionality allowing for altered playing speeds under [Video]
* Added Subtitle support under [Video]

That's about it it may not work if you try updating from your psp so just go online and look for the update if you want to update(I'm not updating since it's not worth it).

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They added features that nobody asked for.I really wanted divx support or an update to the flash player.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Divx support is barely needed unless you're a video kinda guy. I guess it's good if you like to use your PSP as multimedia, but if you use it for gaming/browsing, it's kinda blah.

In any case, doesn't seem worth it to me either. Googling is nice sure, but it's something I can pass on.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Divx support would be awesome for me. i use it for such purposes frequently. having a 16GB memstick makes one look for other ways to fill it.

still, DAX will have to come up with a custom firmware before i even think about it.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAX hasn't been working on the scene lately. Maybe he'll make a return for 4.00. Otherwise the GEN team will release their CFW as scheduled.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hanman said:
he said, specifically, that he would release an update for 4.00
Where did he say that? One of the developers mentioned that they might possibly release 4.00 M33, but that was before 3.95 even came out.

AlexElder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was so convinced they'd add divx on this update because the ps3 has divx. ah wells.

Is it possible for custom firmware to get divx support on it?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading about DA waiting for 4.00 before working on the M33 version. Could be wrong though.

As for the official update, I'm underwhelmed. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal unless they did something that we're not aware of? In the way of anti-piracy anyway. D: While I doubt that, it's weird to have such a landmark number have so little in the way of new features.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AlexElder said:
I was so convinced they'd add divx on this update because the ps3 has divx. ah wells.

No... you have to convert videos to MP4 or someother format the PSP reads thru specific homebrew (like PMP).

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
AlexElder said:

No... you have to convert videos to MP4 or someother format the PSP reads thru specific homebrew (like PMP).
PSPTube can be used to watch DivX, albeit slowly. I haven't tried it myself, but maybe clocking the PSP to 333MHz could help.

linkinkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
DAX hasn't been working on the scene lately. Maybe he'll make a return for 4.00. Otherwise the GEN team will release their CFW as scheduled.

that's because him and team m33 will only be working on major updates, and since 3.93 and 3.95 didn't had any major changes,team m33 didn't bothered on making a custom firmware for those versions.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkinkid said:
MystikEkoez said:

that's because him and team m33 will only be working on major updates, and since 3.93 and 3.95 didn't had any major changes,team m33 didn't bothered on making a custom firmware for those versions.

From the sound of things, this one doesn't either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending/apple-working-fix-bug-causing-iphone-alarm-issues/VGXCCGHWOF...