Hacking PSP 3001 home button lowers volume?

Rude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this doesn't really deserve a thread but I looked for ages for the ask button on the psp hacking page.
So I signed a emulator using eboot pbp signer I downloaded from dashacks and the emulator works fine but now when I return to the home menu I started pressing buttons and discovered that the home button now lowers the volume. I haven't used the psp in a while but I do not think it is normal behavior.
Also I have factory reset it and it did not fix it. I guess a side effect of eboot pbp signer? Going to downgrade to official 6.20 and upgrade to 6.61 again.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That most likely has NOTHING to do with software. The internal plastic holding the volume -/+ buttons together is the same that holds the XMB button too and it's VERY flimsy and frail, so if you press those three buttons a couple times with a little more force than you should it's gonna come loose (you won't feel it though) and may make the adjacent button to the one you are pressing get pressed too. Try for example pressing the "-" volume one about 30 times, if the XMB button acts like it was pressed, then this is the issue, so just open it up (really easy to do with a phillips head) and put it back in place carefully and that should fix it. To my knowledge, you can't even program the XMB button to lower volume by itself (I've programmed some stuff for the system).

Rude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Thank you. It appears to have fixed it. Now I am off to find some homebrew to sign to use on official :yaypsp:

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Have fun, I would play some too but mine is broken in a worse way, analog completely busted and two of the screen pins are ruined so I get black lines all over the display... I know how to fix it, just too lazy:P Oh well, if you need any help with something else, let me know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.