Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

Samus20XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I also see the world differently. They do deserve the money but i feel like the poor people like myself should get to experience the art these developers created.

i see where you're coming from, but this is their livelihood. You being poor has nothing to do with anything and it doesnt justify pirating and stealing their work. You cant buy games, that sucks. I'm in the same boat too. But at some point, i will buy the games i pirate. Most of the games i own on steam are games i've pirated at some point. You gotta support the devs so they can continuously deliver us their works of art.

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OFW. When bans were reported. Naturally I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't hop on with CFW and be like "I'm banned"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm going to give a rough guess and say that the minute he booted into OFW it tried to sync his recent play progress and that flagged him.

Your guess is wrong. I never played any backups.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OFW. When bans were reported. Naturally I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't hop on with CFW and be like "I'm banned"

Your guess is wrong. I never played any backups.
Sorry for all of the questions, but what exactly did you do in CFW offline? Also, thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions.

Reactions: Misledz

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for all of the questions, but what exactly did you do in CFW offline? Also, thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions.

Great question. I saw people were being banned - so I stopped myself from even doing backups or anything of the sort to act as a sort of guinea pig, just that simple. All I did was literally BOOT Into it. And then turn it off and boot into OFW a while later to test out for people if I was banned. Too many people were using LayeredFS, or playing pirated games, or going online with SX OS, updating pirated titles on their OFW or SX OS, etc etc for it to be useful so I kept myself "pure" so to speak. When I went over to OFW and went online for the 1st time = Banned.

I did absolutely NOTHING in SX OS. I'd like to add for people it was a brand new never been homebrewed console. It only went online once when I initially bought it before any of this to Nintendo to setup the online environment with Nintendo ID, etc. - then all trace of online settings removed (Don't send errors from the beginning).

Last edited by TheLastOfUs,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great question. I saw people were being banned - so I stopped myself from even doing backups or anything of the sort to act as a sort of guinea pig, just that simple. All I did was literally BOOT Into it. And then turn it off and boot into OFW a while later to test out for people if I was banned. Too many people were using LayeredFS, or playing pirated games, or going online with SX OS, updating pirated titles on their OFW or SX OS, etc etc for it to be useful so I kept myself "pure" so to speak. When I went over to OFW and went online for the 1st time = Banned.

I did absolutely NOTHING in SX OS. I'd like to add for people it was a brand new never been homebrewed console.
Last question (I promise), not that I have any reason to doubt you or believe that you are lying, but can you possibly provide proof that you are indeed banned? A video might be better than a picture but if quality is a problem, then include something in the picture that provides proof it is not photoshopped. Once again, thank you for providing all of this information about your current ban status.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I did absolutely NOTHING in SX OS. I'd like to add for people it was a brand new never been homebrewed console. It only went online once to Nintendo to setup the online environment - then all trace of online settings removed (Don't send errors from the beginning).
Sorry if you already answered this, but when you booted in SX OS, where you in Airplane mode or did you have you internet connection settings wiped out? it seems like even in airplane mode the console can briefly access the internet on boot... there might be a clue there

t34p075

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Banned: N
Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: N
SX OS Used offline: N
SX OS used online: N
Played with SX Backups online: N
Layered FS Used offline: Y
Layered FS Used online: Y
Played with Layered FS Injects online: N
Connect internet with CFW homebrew : Y
Connect to Eshop when CFW/Romfs mode : N
Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert. : N
Does the Eshop work: Y
Backups updated with what Firmware?: N/A

Reactions: Don Jon

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Kids tried to play fortnite and found our switch is also banned. Not bothered I knew it would happen. Didnt do anything dodgy to get banned, like no backups online etc so dunno what happened or why. Except maybe just having cfw. Oh also I always cleared logs before booting ofw mode. So I decided since I'm banned I would update my backups cos...cant double ban me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kids tried to play fortnite and found our switch is also banned. Not bothered I knew it would happen. Didnt do anything dodgy to get banned, like no backups online etc so dunno what happened or why. Except maybe just having cfw. Oh also I always cleared logs before booting ofw mode. So I decided since I'm banned I would update my backups cos...cant double ban me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
If you don't mind, can you fill out this chart so we can pinpoint the cause of the ban for future reference?
  • Banned: Y/N

• Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: Y/N

• SX OS Used offline: Y/N

• SX OS used online: Y/N

• Played with SX Backups online: Y/N

• Layered FS Used offline: Y/N

• Layered FS Used online: Y/N

• Played with Layered FS Injects online: Y/N

• Connect internet with CFW homebrew : Y/N

• Connect to Eshop when CFW/Romfs mode : Y/N

• Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert. : Y/N

• Does the Eshop work: Y/N

• Backups updated with what Firmware?: X.X
  • WiFi settings deleted Y/N
  • Airplane mode on Y/N for offline use
  • AutoRCM: Y/N

Last edited by Draxzelex,

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if you already answered this, but when you booted in SX OS, where you in Airplane mode or did you have you internet connection settings wiped out? it seems like even in airplane mode the console can briefly access the internet on boot... there might be a clue there

I was on airplane mode and had the settings wiped before hand :)

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was on airplane mode and had the settings wiped before hand :)
well that's F#$%! Lets see if there are other reports similar to yours, you seem to be the only one I can see so far who used SX once offline and got banned for it.. Nintendo got their shit together this time... In the mean time I'll be staying offline indefinitely! thanks for reporting

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last question (I promise), not that I have any reason to doubt you or believe that you are lying, but can you possibly provide proof that you are indeed banned? A video might be better than a picture but if quality is a problem, then include something in the picture that provides proof it is not photoshopped. Once again, thank you for providing all of this information about your current ban status.

if you were on discord you would have seen my pictures. im not going through the hassle of reupping sorry.
well that's F#$%! Lets see if there are other reports similar to yours, you seem to be the only one I can see so far who used SX once offline and got banned for it.. Nintendo got their shit together this time... In the mean time I'll be staying offline indefinitely! thanks for reporting

I don't see what the big deal is honestly. I already got a new switch that has online working for gf mainly (returned the banned one since it was within return period). Nintendo's Online service and having to pay for that? Yeah I'll take a hard pass anyways. But if you stay offline indefinitely then you've already kind of banned yourself :P!

Last edited by TheLastOfUs,

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you were on discord you would have seen my pictures. im not going through the hassle of reupping sorry.

I don't see what the big deal is honestly. I already got a new switch that has online working for gf mainly (returned the banned one since it was within return period). Nintendo's Online service and having to pay for that? Yeah I'll take a hard pass anyways. But if you stay offline indefinitely then you've already kind of banned yourself :P!
Couldn’t care less about online play either but I do care about future access to the eshop. Someone will figure this out eventually.

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn’t care less about online play either but I do care about future access to the eshop. Someone will figure this out eventually.

As long as I get game updates I'm happy, beyond that EShop is next to useless when you can pirate all the games. Not sure what else you want someone to figure out, lol. I just thought of something - how many people in here were using AutoRCM ??? Surprised no one asked that question! Apparently AutoRCM is super detectable.

OK I know I said no more questions, but which Discord server was it posted in so I can possibly track it down myself?

Reswitched

Reactions: Draxzelex

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as I get game updates I'm happy, beyond that EShop is next to useless when you can pirate all the games. Not sure what else you want someone to figure out, lol. I just thought of something - how many people in here were using AutoRCM ??? Surprised no one asked that question! Apparently AutoRCM is super detectable.
How can you pirate eshop only games hmmmmm?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here