Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As long as I get game updates I'm happy, beyond that EShop is next to useless when you can pirate all the games. Not sure what else you want someone to figure out, lol. I just thought of something - how many people in here were using AutoRCM ??? Surprised no one asked that question! Apparently AutoRCM is super detectable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reswitched
Right now you can only pirate physical game release no eshop exclusives that’s why. For the rest, “figure out” a way to play backup undectable by Nintendo. Anyway to each their own

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Mania, Super Meat Boy, Thumper.... Like there is a massive list of eshop only games

Damnit I like Sonic and Super Meat Boy. But I assume in the future it'll be sort of like the 3DS - where you can run eshop titles even if you don't necessarily have access to the eshop

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8 out of the top 20 highest rated switch games are eshop only.
Only hope is for Limited Run Games to make more physical releases.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on airplane mode and had the settings wiped before hand :)

wait so nintendo is "secretly" sneaking your switch onto unprotected networks can you scan and see if theres an unencrypted in range of the switch? if thats the case i smell legal trouble (for nintendo) cause hijacking a connection aka "wardriving" is technically illegal at least in the US (maybe other places too)

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wait so nintendo is "secretly" sneaking your switch onto unprotected networks can you scan and see if theres an unencrypted in range of the switch? if thats the case i smell legal trouble (for nintendo) cause hijacking a connection aka "wardriving" is technically illegal at least in the US (maybe other places too)
Very unlikely... but if that’s the case, class action suit for sure :)

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So is a "warranty void if removed" sticker, but that sure as fuck didn't stop Nintendo did it?

aekotra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No, they're logging system behaviour on the console itself and then uploading it for verification on your next online connection, even if it's your first time ever online.

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and thus the FTC got on their asses a month ago forcing them (at least in the US) to allow 3rd party repair and not void it assuming you didn't break it further by trying repairs

Took the FTC nearly 10 years. I'm sure Nintendo will live with it if they're doing shady shit.

aekotra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL!!! They must have also allowed SX OS to exist too huh? Let me get my tinfoil hat.

Wait, why do you think you have total knowledge of the console behaviour? Does the existence of SX OS allow you to see and understand any and all data the console has stored about its state? I've genuinely curious.
Otherwise, perhaps its not logging at all but doing some kind of check on the fly, prompted by initiating an online connection.

Last edited by aekotra,

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Banned: YES
  • Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: YES
  • SX OS Used offline: YES
  • SX OS used online: YES
  • Played with SX Backups online: YES
  • Layered FS Used offline: YES
  • Layered FS Used online: NO
  • Played with Layered FS Injects online: NO
  • Does the Eshop work: NO
  • Backups updated with what Firmware? SX OX FW

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Questions:
If remove the dongle, jig and boot in ofw mode in last Fw. Then if i put a cartridge of splatoon 2
- Could i play online without being banned ? Someone tested it yet ?
- Do i have / is it better to remove the micro SD card ? Or uninstall SX software ?
Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi