Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

OhhSheetz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I never used LayeredFS. No idea what that even really is :D. Just SX OS - all offline, no network saved - no updates being done - simple Game launch etc. did that and boom. Here we are. Ban city lol
Did you use any other homebrew? And what was your payload delivery method?(SX pro dongle, pc, phone, etc)

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's even the point? Unless you decide not to replace it or not hack the next one, it's just going to get banned again. You can't return them indefinitely to Best Buy since they monitor returns and will eventually ban you from making them.

I will not be hacking the next one but even if I did, the person at returns is a friend of mine so I doubt anything would result in me getting red-flagged like usual. But yeah, I wouldn't keep repeating insanity. Lol

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A user said that you can download games from the eshop website and it will automatically start the download to the switch even if banned.

If this doesn't work for you try this;
1) on your switch go to your profile
2) user settings
3) click update download progress.

This should start all the downloads that you made from the eshop website.

Whatever you download will work, including dlc, paid games or demos. Happy days!

Last edited by TotalJustice,
Reactions: Maximilious

haaskub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
  • Banned: YES
    • The following points are only interesting if you are banned:
    • E-shop downloads possible after Ban: Yes [only in website store ]
    • Online Gaming possible after Ban: NO
    • Game/Backup Update possible after Ban: -
  • Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: YES
  • SX OS Used offline: -
  • SX OS used online: -
  • Played with SX Backups online: -
  • Layered FS Used offline: YES
  • Layered FS Used online: NO
  • Played with Layered FS Injects online: NO
  • Connect internet with CFW homebrew : YES [ FTFD app.]
  • Connect to Eshop when CFW/Romfs mode :Yes maybe 2-3 times
  • Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert. : NO [ get all keys from Internet ]
  • Does the Eshop work: NO
  • Backups updated with what Firmware?: -

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wrong. Returned electronics are sent back to the manufacturer to be refurbed. It'll get a new mobo and all.
Where I use to work, we checked in store. If the product worked fine and did not have the issue they described (ie the customer lied) we would sell as "openbox-as-is" or tell the customer to contact the manufacturer.
-------------------------------------------------------
  • Banned: no
  • Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: yes
  • SX OS Used offline: yes
  • SX OS used online: no
  • Played with SX Backups online: no
  • Layered FS Used offline: no
  • Layered FS Used online: no
  • Played with Layered FS Injects online: no
  • Connect internet with CFW homebrew : yes [mostly emulators]
  • Connect to Eshop when CFW/Romfs mode : no
  • Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert. : no
  • Does the Eshop work: yes
  • Backups updated with what Firmware?: 5.0.2

Last edited by phonz,

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Banned: NO
  • Unchecked "Send Errors" in Menu: NO
  • SX OS Used offline: - BOTH
  • SX OS used online: - BOTH
  • Played with SX Backups online: - YES (But no online gaming, however I believe some games connect online regardless)
  • Layered FS Used offline: YES
  • Layered FS Used online: NO
  • Played with Layered FS Injects online: NO
  • Connect internet with CFW homebrew : YES
  • Connect to Eshop when CFW/Romfs mode :YES
  • Played with Layered FS Injects with OwnCert. :
  • Does the Eshop work: YES
  • Backups updated with what Firmware?: - Did not update games yet

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A user said that you can download games from the eshop website and it will automatically start the download to the switch even if banned.

2) user settings

Whatever you download will work, including dlc, paid games or demos. Happy days!
I think It's just the beginning of ban wave. Their site is probably not updated to handle bans yet. I think it's only matter of time. They'll make some adjustments, unfortunately.

Last edited by Shadow_man7,

willdunz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO so offline only SX OS without homebrew or layerFS isn't safe either.

If this is true then every SX user is fucked.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it's just a matter of time if you're not banned but used sx os or layered fs or any cfw at all. Nintendo does bans in waves. They collect info then hammer down.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Where I use to work, we checked in store. If the product worked fine and did not have the issue they described (ie the customer lied) we would sell as "openbox-as-is" or tell the customer to contact the manufacturer.
Yes, it's left to the retailer's discretion. In most cases with corporate retailers, though, the item is put in a bin or some back room to be shipped off for refurb. However, smaller retailers may adopt a policy similar to the store you worked for because it's not cost effective for them to refund the customer and cover the loss of stock.

Jungle_Jon

Trophies
XP
Country

2) user settings

Incorrect at the time of posting, when signature checks are patched all content will work

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! this thread is definitely making me reconsider on that 2nd Switch looks like I won't be using my pro when it arrives

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot