Extended Realities (VR, AR, MR)

PSA: Regarding buying a VR headset right now. (Updated)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i HATE this back-handed compliment bullshit, at least have the fucking bravery to go "i think you're a dumbass"
Nah I do view what MikaDubbz was saying there as genuine, and I respect his candor. It's a simple disagreement over one frivolous topic, no need for it to devolve into ad hominem attacks on each other.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I bought a used HTC OG Vive for about a Ben the other day, needs an additional lighthouse which I am looking at buying currently and a new headstrap which I am looking at getting a DAS for, but as for a first jump into VR I hear that its pretty decent headset for the job. Not to mention I played with one a few years back at a Microcenter which had one set up on display.

I know there are way better options out there but aside from not wanting to drop on the higher end of 3 figures to buy a current model, or make the sin of buying anything Oculus as I do not want Zuck to own my corneas I figured this would be a good starting point for myself right now. If I enjoy it enough (and can finally play HL Alyx) then I will consider investing into better things in the future, but if not then its not a huge waste of my money right now.

Last edited by Dr_Faustus,

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I mean, I bought a used HTC OG Vive for about a Ben the other day, needs an additional lighthouse which I am looking at buying currently and a new headstrap which I am looking at getting a DAS for, but as for a first jump into VR I hear that its pretty decent headset for the job. Not to mention I played with one a few years back at a Microcenter which had one set up on display.

I know there are way better options out there but aside from not wanting to drop on the higher end of 3 figures to buy a current model, or make the sin of buying anything Oculus as I do not want Zuck to own my corneas I figured this would be a good starting point for myself right now. If I enjoy it enough (and can finally play HL Alyx) then I will consider investing into better things in the future, but if not then its not a huge waste of my money right now.
In that case you'd be best off by far with the HP Reverb G2

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: