Hacking PSA: Nintendo blocked the Sky3DS (partially) through new anti-piracy checks in their upcoming games

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theyre not always that fast and this is something that requires more effort than turning the console on. they might have to rewrite the disk writer and how the sd card is formatted or how their templates work and that's after they figure out whats going on. I would give them a couple weeks and see if they respond. even when gateway gets blocked or breaks it takes that team some time to issue a statement. these teams cant say anything until they know for sure whats going on.
lol every time an update for the console would drop they would make spam posts on GBATEMP and change their website saying "it confirm! sk3ds work on latest system update blah blah blah" they cant do this now since they now how fucked they are.

Reactions: MattKimura

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
theyre not always that fast and this is something that requires more effort than turning the console on. they might have to rewrite the disk writer and how the sd card is formatted or how their templates work and that's after they figure out whats going on. I would give them a couple weeks and see if they respond. even when gateway gets blocked or breaks it takes that team some time to issue a statement. these teams cant say anything until they know for sure whats going on.
Also the cartridge color, as Ryu Kenshin mentioned.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last time Sky3DS said "We are working on it, hopefully we'll find a fix soon" ,blue button was released the following week...

I don't think that's the actual Sky team themselves.
The way its written looks like he's laughing at the person he quoted aka those that think this will stop sky3ds. Would have been nice to get a follow up tweet that was a little more clear on what he's referring to.

Its the other way around. We all know how he loves to pirate dem games so I think he was really sincere, maybe even happy about it?

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Wulfy said that Sky got punched in the nutts really hard with this one and that Sky might not be back with a new colored button card.

This is pretty likely, the fact that it won't be able to play some games is a big downer, it's almost like they wanted to see how much they could make without updating or changing their original card, such a risky move
Sky was never a safe option but if they do get past this there is a high chance you will need a new card, they need "on card updates"

Note to everyone: NO LONGER BUY SKY3DS, even if you are above 9.2, best to wait and see what happens for now

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is pretty likely, the fact that it won't be able to play some games is a big downer, it's almost like they wanted to see how much they could make without updating or changing their original card, such a risky move
Sky was never a safe option but if they do get past this there is a high chance you will need a new card, they need "on card updates"

Note to everyone: NO LONGER BUY SKY3DS, even if you are above 9.2, best to wait and see what happens for now
For them to make a new rev they'll need a kernel exploit or something on that level. Good thing we have them laying around at every corner ;)

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Sucks for the few who were actually using it for backups.

You mean no one?
Ya you can't use that excuse anymore now that you can download the games from the eShop.

Reminds me the old days of the DS "oh ya, I'm just using a flashcart so I won't have to carry all my games" lol.

Reactions: Zidapi

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You mean no one?
Ya you can't use that excuse anymore now that you can download the games from the eShop.

Reminds me the old days of the DS "oh ya, I'm just using a flashcart so I won't have to carry all my games" lol.
You're just a supponent brat.
Not every game has a e-shop counterpart and even if it has why can't I buy the boxed version? In a lot of countries people are tutelated by the law to have a rigtheous copy of the digital material they own.

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
You're just a supponent brat.
Not every game has a e-shop counterpart and even if it has why can't I buy the boxed version? In a lot of countries people are tutelated by the law to have a rigtheous copy of the digital material they own.

Oh stfu.
It's true that not every game is available on the eShop, but 99% of the games that aren't are shovelcrap.
Did anyone say you can't buy physical games? I don't even understand your argument. Fact is no one uses the sky3ds solely for backups of their own games, stop being delusional

Reactions: Zidapi

spoderman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
YUDODIS.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh stfu.
It's true that not every game is available on the eShop, but 99% of the games that aren't are shovelcrap.
Did anyone say you can't buy physical games? I don't even understand your argument. Fact is no one uses the sky3ds solely for backups of their own games, stop being delusional
cam ur tits samus pls dnt get angre

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean no one?

I can name three games that I can't get on the ehop: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Lego Jurassic World, Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta say, this sounds pretty bad for Sky3DS users. I'm sure the team can break this new AP measure with a new cart, but what happens if Nintendo throws another curve-ball later? Do all of you Sky3DS users go and buy a 4th card? A 5th perhaps? When does it stop?

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta say, this sounds pretty bad for Sky3DS users. I'm sure the team can break this new AP measure with a new cart, but what happens if Nintendo throws another curve-ball later? Do all of you Sky3DS users go and buy a 4th card? A 5th perhaps? When does it stop?
When a kernel exploit is found.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to ask even though I really don't want to post here anymore but is there a 100% confirmation that there is new AP on new games? Sky needs headers for games to work so do these games work on gateway since it doesn't need headers? Can they be dumped anyway using hardware method or gateway method? Can you convert the new games to CIA to be installed on the homemenu? I think people jumped the gun here a little people need to calm down if anything this is even more of a indication that nintendo can't block Sky3ds now there changing the gamecarts there getting desperate. So yeah you can't play a few games right now that doesn't mean "SKY IS DONE FOR" because you still have hundreds of games to play on the newest firmware.

Reactions: grasuxxl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist