Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps4-stockblack_2.png

OLD
gallery-1472118189-screen-shot-2016-08-24-at-144041.jpg

NEW

OK I made a thread before talking about how Hid To Vpad does not detect the New ps4 controller that sony released when they released the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro. I posted pictures so you can see both controllers side by side. The new ps4 controller is the one with the lightbar both on top and on the touch pad. The original ps4 controller doesn't have the lightbar on the touchpad. Also when you plug both controllers into a computer one comes up as wireless controller which is normal. The new ps4 controller comes up as that and as a microphone for some odd reason. This is just to clarify that there is a difference with the 2 ps4 controllers. The original controller works just fine out of the box in both Nintendont and hid to vpad. The new one does not. It wont even get detected let alone work. In the hidtest in both wii u and vwii it doesn't show up at all like its not even plugged in. Now I tried different usb ports as well nothing worked. This is just to let you guys know. Sony did something a bit different when they made the new controller that doesn't let it work like the old one. I did read that Sony's new controller transmits data differently through USB than the old one and I can confirm that because on sony's ps4 pro the new controller lets you send data through usb alone instead of wirelessly for less latency in games. The old controller has no option on the ps4 pro. So I'm assuming the changes they made is what keeps it from being detected on the wii u and vwii. Anyway I am no expert with the inner workings of electronics by any means but I have tested more than just 1 new ps4 controller and its the same problem. I just wanted to bring this to people's attention because no one seems to be bringing it up. Hell the fact that there's 2 different models of ps4 controller now makes it even more confusing so there's that. Thank you all for your time.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome dude. I can't believe its been over a year since I posted this. I just didn't see anyone talking about it so I thought id be as thorough as possible.
yea i just saw this post not to long ago and i always wondered why doesn't the new Ps4 controller work with hid to vpad and here it is

Last edited by Darksabre72,

GinBunBun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i just saw this post not to long ago and i always wondered why doesn't the new Ps4 controller work with hid to vpad and here it is
I really do believe it's because of the way they changed how the new ps4 controller sends data through the USB. It makes the most sense to me as someone who is not proficient in the inner workings of technology.

Reactions: Darksabre72

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i was thinking into buying a ps4 pro , and use the joystick on the wii u as well , but i realize that its not going to work
Thanks , for your post !!!

vanartic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you can use the network client of hid to vpad to make it work, i tested it with PS4 slim controller, xbox360 wired controller and xbox360 hori real arcade pro vx-sa; all of them work fine

all you do is launch hid2vpad on your wii u, connect the controller of your choice on your pc/laptop on the usb port, launch the network client, match the IP address and you're good to go

Reactions: matias3ds

GinBunBun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use the network client of hid to vpad to make it work, i tested it with PS4 slim controller, xbox360 wired controller and xbox360 hori real arcade pro vx-sa; all of them work fine

all you do is launch hid2vpad on your wii u, connect the controller of your choice on your pc/laptop on the usb port, launch the network client, match the IP address and you're good to go
that you can but i have an issue with the PS4 controller both the original and the slim. When using the joysticks diagonally its like the range is cut in half and the joysticks only register half a press. It makes no sense. I don't know if it's just me or what but thats what happens. It also happens when using the ps4 controller on a ps3. as well as using the ps4 controller on a modded ps2 using a homebrew app similar to hid to vpad. if anyone else has this issue let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.