Glomgold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendont.

I found my old PS2 controllers and two USB adapters. Sadly none of them worked out of the box. I've been reading and searching for a while, but it's a bit hard to get an overview. Some posts are around ten years old and I don't know if they are relevant today.

None of the adapters are on the supported list.

I have one generic adapter bought on ebay a long time ago and one from Play.com, if anyone remembers that shop.

Should I just buy one of the adapters on the supported list?

HID\VID_0B43&PID_0003&REV_1912&Col01 Play.com

HID\VID_0810&PID_0001&REV_0106&Col02 Generic

There is a .ini file for 0810_0001 in the controllers.zip. Maybe there is hope?

Last edited by Glomgold,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put the ini in a folder off the root named controllers or rename the file to controller.ini and put in the root of your sd. If it's going to work either of those options should allow it to function.

Glomgold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Put the ini in a folder off the root named controllers or rename the file to controller.ini and put in the root of your sd. If it's going to work either of those options should allow it to function.
I tried both ways, but it didn't work. There is some kind of connection, when I have started Super Mario Sunshine and press the start button the intro starts from the beginning, I can do an endless lopp. That's the only button that did anything.

I have found the HID_TEST tool, going to try that with the .ini file.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried both ways, but it didn't work. There is some kind of connection, when I have started Super Mario Sunshine and press the start button the intro starts from the beginning, I can do an endless lopp. That's the only button that did anything.

I have found the HID_TEST tool, going to try that with the .ini file.
Ah, you could also attempt to create your own ini with this if hidtest doesn't work: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-nin...ate-controller-ini-files-effortlessly.447303/
I have however tried it in the past and didn't have much luck but yours may be better.

Glomgold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you for the help. I'm going to try, but I fear it's going to not go so well.

Maybe my best bet is to just play with the Wii classic controller.

I managed to get the program to work, but it gave me an error.

"Error", "Error creating baseline! Make sure controller is on and plugged in"
Post automatically merged:

Eureka!

I got it to work with a PS1 controller.

I tested every which way, the PS2 controller isn't detected in any of the adapters when plugged into my PC. The PS1 controller worked on the generic adapter (0810_0001). I renamed it to controller.ini and placed it on the root of my SD card and voilà!

At least I've learned a lot troubleshooting this and I can now customize the .ini file if I want to.

Last edited by Glomgold,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.