Homebrew [PSA] do not downgrade yet!

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I'm very hyped for this, so much going on in so little time.
Anyways, is there an ETA for a stable release of this exploit or JustPingo's KTM?
I'm not downgrading my 10.3 New 3DS until there will be because I don't have an extra 200$ to waste.
No, in the mean time do a hardmod and get a back up of your nand in it's current state in case a brick does happen.

**I hope anyone makes a nand back up before anything, even when proper tested tools are released.

BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, in the mean time do a hardmod and get a back up of your nand in it's current state in case a brick does happen.

**I hope anyone makes a nand back up before anything, even when proper tested tools are released.
I'm 15 and don't know how to solder or hardmod so it's exclusively softmods for me.

D

Deleted User

Okay, so I've successfully managed to downgrade twice now, both occasions were from 10.3 to 9.2. I'm playing a very dangerous game in life! ;)

Reactions: leerz

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, so I've successfully managed to downgrade twice now, both occasions were from 10.3 to 9.2. I'm playing a very dangerous game in life! ;)
But what's the point if you can't run CFW or any other exploit? You're basically on a 10.3 that says "9.2" on the settings app.

D

Deleted User

But what's the point if you can't run CFW or any other exploit? You're basically on a 10.3 that says "9.2" on the settings app.
Legit CIA installation wasn't working on 10.3, so I thought about trying to downgrade again. But... well, click on my avatar to find out what happened. :/

Reactions: Deleted-236924

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legit CIA installation wasn't working on 10.3, so I thought about trying to downgrade again. But... well, click on my avatar to find out what happened. :/

I haven't read much into any of these new bricks yet, so I'm not sure how bad they are...can you get into recovery and sys update that way, or is it bricked beyond that?

EDIT: Hold L+R+A+Up on the D-Pad before powering up, wait a few seconds and let go...

Last edited by dubbz82,
D

Deleted User

Guessing you didn't have a NAND backup either
No. That's what you get for being desperate and being a show-off all day... :(
I'll just buy a new out-of-the-box 3DS XL.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I haven't read much into any of these new bricks yet, so I'm not sure how bad they are...can you get into recovery and sys update that way, or is it bricked beyond that?
Bricked beyond. It just constantly makes two clicks every 3 seconds as if it's in pain.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry that happened... However I'd just like to take a moment to say this: every. Single. Console. In. A. Store. Is. Exploitable.

Bricked beyond. It just constantly makes two clicks every 3 seconds as if it's in pain.
Wait! Try booting into safe mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real