PS5 event announced for next week [UPDATE 2] Event now set for June 11th

ps5 event.JPG

PlayStation has been pretty tight-lipped about its next-gen console, with only its controller, logo and some spec details unveiled. However, we will finally learn (a bit) more about the PS5.

Jim Ryan, the President & CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, announced via a PlayStation Blog post today that a digital showcase about the games launching on the console will air next week. The event which will run for "a bit more than an hour" to introduce "the next generation of games" from various game studios.

While it was not clarified if we'll finally get our first look at the console itself or get more information about its pricing, Jim Ryan assured that this event is part of a series of PS5 updates and that after next week, they will have more to share.

The online PS5 event is planned for next Thursday, June 4, at 1:00 pm Pacific Time which will stream on Twitch and YouTube.

:arrow: SOURCE

UPDATE 1 (1st JUNE 2020):

Sony have announced the June 4th event is postponed until further notice. More details to follow.

UPDATE 2 (8th JUNE 2020):

992a08b4bddfd83534d3efc012c3f804_1-png.212466

Many reports are coming in of users seeing pre-roll ads on Twitch for the PlayStation 5 event with an updated date of June 11th which puts it exactly a week after the original scheduled time.

This has now been confirmed by Sony.

Attachments

• ps5 event.JPG
    ps5 event.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 407
  • w5ojHmG.jpg
    w5ojHmG.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 992a08b4bddfd83534d3efc012c3f804_1.png
    992a08b4bddfd83534d3efc012c3f804_1.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 413
Last edited by shaunj66,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it's not. Cov19 is a global event, which killed thousands. One thug getting killed by a cop isn't a world wide issue.
Uh, it kinda is? Considering the protests that have happened in the UK, Germany, New Zealand, etc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ps4 actualy sold more in europe by that logic then they shouldnt have cared since their bigger sales were on a diferent continent...

vita sold more on japan becuase it had alot of games that were never translated to english and released, also japan loves their portable consoles becuase theiy are always on the move.
Stop dodging the point... they have a significant chunk of the US marketshare for videogame consoles. It may just be a little bit insensitive to do a console reveal whilst the nation is protesting.

Jesus this just reminds me of the entitled Nintendo fans who bitched about a direct getting delayed due to an earthquake that happened in Japan...

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, it kinda is? Considering the protests that have happened in the UK, Germany, New Zealand, etc.
They were A-okay with doing this event when Cov-19 was still going on, but one thug gets killed, and they cancel it. Also, I have no idea why Europe is protesting an American issue, that's just dumb. Probably just an excuse to go looting, like they do here.

Also, I'm not whining about the event being cancelled, as I didn't give a shit about the event in the first place. I don't even own a PS4. I'm just here to laugh at Sony for cancelling their event due to a thug getting killed by cops. A guy who tried to rob a knocked up lady. Why are the martyrs always a thug?

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what im i avoiding? lol i know what is happening and i dont care, and i bet if you made a poll without american votes, most people wouldnt really care at all becuase this is and always was an american issue, we dont go around looting becuase of a police guy murdering or whatever a vitim, they just get judged and put in jail if guilty, people dont go to the streets destroying stuff.
You're avoiding the point that y'know. Running a games console event whilst the country is in flames because of a racist attack is just a tad insensitive don't you think? Fucking hell you're just as bad as the Nintendo Direct fanboys who bitched about it being delayed because of an earthquake in Japan.

Don't worry, it isn't postponed forever. It'll likely come soon. It's just that some people have more of a grip of reality than you currently do.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
You're avoiding the point that y'know. Running a games console event whilst the country is in flames because of a racist attack is just a tad insensitive don't you think? Fucking hell you're just as bad as the Nintendo Direct fanboys who bitched about it being delayed because of an earthquake in Japan.

Don't worry, it isn't postponed forever. It'll likely come soon. It's just that some people have more of a grip of reality than you currently do.

I dont think so.

People are dying in Iraq 365 days out of the year

But that doesn't stop the western world.

Its hypocrisy at the highest level

Reactions: DbGt

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

so it wasnt insentive to reveal games console druing covid time like microsoft did and even sony did(well the controller and that boring vconference about ssd stuff) where it actualy kills more poeple but during racism protest is? i fail to see that logic at all.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay okay Sony, I maybe ....MAYBE get your reasoning for the delay... but 'until further notice'?? This was a big reveal, a new date would've eased the blow somewhat...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay okay Sony, I maybe ....MAYBE get your reasoning for the delay... but 'until further notice'?? This was a big reveal, a new date would've eased the blow somewhat...
yeah if they said its on jun 10 or something, but for a latter date means peobably afew weeks :S

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: mightymuffy

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah if they said its on jun 10 or something, but for a letter date means peobably afew weeks :S
Yeah, and even if it is a few weeks, still give us an actual date - 'until further notice' sounds a bit like 'when we can be arsed'..... things aren't going too well in the world are they, better to give us a bit of something to look forward to - an actual new date, however far away, is something to look forward to/jot down in the calendar.... bad move Sony!

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sony yet again forgetting that there is a lot more to the world than the US.
The thing is, this is BIG for Sony, this is the event they want the whole of the world's media covering, and that will simply not happen if they carry on with that date (most certainly not in the US for a start), whatever your views on what's happened are!
So it's a good move (I'll not mention the lack of a new date a 3rd time.....oops! Too late!) in that respect.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you guys STOP!? why must we always fight? I have the world events forum blocked, because it's too depressing. I don't want to end up reading about it here.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA did the same thing with the Madden 21 first look. I don't agree with postponing these things. People need something positive to think about and look forward to. All this does is draw more attention to all of the negativity going on in the world. Good job Sony, now you've caused even more frustration.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
So the entire world should be stopped because 1 person was killed in 1 country?

Dont see the logic here, and yeah, its pure hypocrisy. 1 country problem does not concern the entire world

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some terrible comments going back and forth let me open your eyes to why Sony back out, on the World Stage a few years back (15 to be exact ) a movement began in Europe about racism with Football to shed light on what’s been happening Henry from France and stars across the World United to tell the Story “Stand Up Speak Up” Sony is a Major Sponsor and Entity that stands against “Racism”
So it’s not about a thug who deserved to die but abuse of Power because that’s why a society has laws and Judiciary system to protect and prohibit and unfortunately Racism is a World Wide issue ;)
We are the guardians of Earth and Life on this planet seriously its embarrassing :(

Reactions: DM9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.