1. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    no it's just real dark in the room it's still white

2. yoyoyo69
    This message by yoyoyo69 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Global Moderator

Poland
    *Soony thumbnail*

Ace picture, 10/10.

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Now I understand the rioting

5. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think the financial collapse statement is the only one which genuinely applies here. They were recently quoted stating the system won't be cheap, but will be "good value". They don't want to have to address this now, so looks as though they are taking some time out, to prepare a better strategy.

They likely don't want to be forced to commit to any pricing or models until they are closer to launch, as the market can swing in a very different direction before then. If they confirm the system is $449 and $499 - $599, then a re forced to discount, they will view this as damaging to their brand. I expect closer to launch they will have an event (I know I'm not physic, and this is obvious haha) and will contain pricing gauged on markets and what people are prepared to pay.

I hope it doesn't go the way of the PS3, where they had such an expensive console, they had to bundle games, but Sony being Sony, it actually cost more - "buh is g00d va1u3".

Pipistrele likes this.
  6. Purple_Shyguy
    This message by Purple_Shyguy has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Reply to a deleted post.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  7. xy-maps

xy-maps Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Problem is only that PCI 4.0 SSDs with at least 5000 MB/s are required. Such a SSD with 2TB (which should be standard in the year 2021 for consoles) currently costs around 500€. Almost the price of the console itself^^

Last edited by xy-maps, Jun 2, 2020
  8. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Damn..i didn't even played, and having fun with PS1 games still, and PS5 is already out!

bubolechka likes this.
  9. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    Mmmhmhm just like that sweet CFW for PS4 that lets you play the latest games or even better that Xbox One CFW

10. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    it'll be interesting to see what's up with the nvme. We are talking about 4k assets for games that were around 50-100GB at 1080p. I wonder how they'll manage it. Or if they won't, how much it's going to cost for that much space.

Glad they're putting it off. You shouldn't want to compete with a renewed civil rights movement.

I have a ps4 pro at 5.05 and i'm still waiting for something more interesting to happen.

Last edited by osaka35, Jun 2, 2020
  11. AlexMCS

AlexMCS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    It does seem exclusive to empathyzing towards people residing above the Tropic of Cancer though, excluding Australia and vicinities.
    The same level of commotion never applies to whatever happens on poorer countries.

shaunj66 likes this.
  12. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Did they even give a reason for the delay? Especially since they didn't give an amended date?

This is definitely going to anger people...

13. Fugelmir
    This message by Fugelmir has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Racial stereotyping.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  14. AkiraKurusu
    This message by AkiraKurusu has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  15. Bladexdsl
    This message by Bladexdsl has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Response to a deleted post.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  16. Pipistrele
    This message by Pipistrele has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  17. wiiuepiccpu
    This message by wiiuepiccpu has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  18. Fugelmir
    This message by Fugelmir has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  19. Bladexdsl
    This message by Bladexdsl has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  20. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    I just want to know if they're gonna have games to play during release...

21. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

United States
    I mean since the release is not now I think we can wait

22. Pluupy
    This message by Pluupy has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  23. wurstpistole
    This message by wurstpistole has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  24. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Global Moderator

Poland
    I see that amateur sleuths are on the case. Don't worry, *actual* law enforcement is already on it, they don't need your help. I'd appreciate it if you guys didn't badmouth the dead, the body's not even cold yet. You can discuss the cancellation of the event to your heart's content, but leave both the racism and the anarchism at the door. Rioting is wrong, police brutality is also wrong - it's almost as if violence is not the answer.

In any case, I'll be combing through the thread plucking out any off-topic nonsense - if any of you aren't mature enough to discuss the subject in a respectful manner, perhaps you should step away from the keyboard for a while instead.

KingVamp likes this.
  25. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
  26. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Global Moderator

Poland
    M.2 and NVMe drives really are amazing. I remember being astonished at just how big of a difference swapping to a 2.5" SATA SSD made in everyday productivity, and now modern drives with built-in caching are leaps and bounds ahead. I'm glad that Sony went with this form factor for storage expansion, even though I do see the benefits of Microsoft's custom solution in the XB Series X. This is definitely more user-friendly, just as it was the case with the easily swappable drives on previous PlayStations.

27. Purple_Shyguy
    This message by Purple_Shyguy has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jun 2, 2020, Reason: Final warning.
    Jun 2, 2020 Show
  28. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    too bad m.2 drives are still crazy expansive a lot of people won't be able to take advantage of that extra storage option

29. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Global Moderator

Poland
    They're really not. You can get cheap off-brands online for prices competitive with their hard drive equivalents. They're made with the same components and often offer comparable performance with the budget options from big name brands. All you have to do is look up some reviews and benchmarks. Make sure that the drive isn't cobbled together with garbage parts and you have yourself a deal - you'd be surprised by what you can find on AliExpress these days. Just the other day I read a review of a Chinese SSD which was, in effect, a Crucial drive with a different sticker - same FLASH, same controller, different name.

Last edited by Foxi4, Jun 3, 2020 - Reason: Corrected the manufacturer name
    Pluupy likes this.
  30. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I get the modding for talking about insensitive subjects -- I don't understand not letting us talk about the politicization. Sony's decided put itself squarely in the political arena. And it's very interesting to see how a Japanese company which would battle for professionalism over political pandering just got its head caved in by politics.

I make a big deal about this because it flies in the face of the chief architect who is very serious about gaming as an artform.

Attached Files:

31. GenNaz

GenNaz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Art and Politics have long been intertwined. They're sure as shit not mutually exclusive. I think you just don't agree with these particular politics based on your shitty jokes about KFC and asserting that protesters are all "looters" and "thugs".

Fugelmir likes this.
  32. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Canada

Want to release a game on our platform that's a little bit edgy? You'd better think again.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announced, [UPDATE, event