PS5 commercial backups are now booting on jailbroken systems

I7cnmYnnMr.jpg

PlayStation 5 homebrew scene modder @LightningMods_ has shown the first commercial PS5 games running on their jailbroken console with console firmware version 4.03.

As seen in the above Tweet, Grand Theft Auto III – The Definitive Edition has been shown to boot successfully on their modified console. They have also shown The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience booting but have explicitly stated that this required a "crack" to do so, but further details are unknown at this time.

Currently only PlayStation 5 consoles that are on firmware version 4.51 or lower are susceptible to the current jailbreak methods.

We will be following this news and will keep you updated with developments as they happen.

:arrow: Source

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depending on when it was manufacture, if you got the first batch you probably be able to get 4.50.

Naturally. But a lot of places aren't going to provide that info. If a person can get it, I'd recommend nothing later than March 2022 to be safe, as I've seen reports of May 2022 being 5.xx. Still a gamble though as 5.00 was released in March 2022.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Afaik the dump is repacked with some system files, and I’m guessing some custom hooks via Itemzflow/hen.

We shall see soon :)

I want to see native PS5 games like Astros Playroom booted and working before I get super excited about this, not PS4-PS5 upgrade games like GTA3.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naturally. But a lot of places aren't going to provide that info. If a person can get it, I'd recommend nothing later than March 2022 to be safe, as I've seen reports of May 2022 being 5.xx. Still a gamble though as 5.00 was released in March 2022.

Depend on what batch it is from, I know there are two batch, one from Jan to March 2022, and one batch from June 2022, the June 2022 is 5.1 and the March 2022 is 4.5

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depend on what batch it is from, I know there are two batch, one from Jan to March 2022, and one batch from June 2022, the June 2022 is 5.1 and the March 2022 is 4.5

April and May can have 5.xx also. I personally wouldn't risk anything from March and on unless the seller can confirm the FW version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo