Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,
So I've saved up for a Switch, however because of its pricing that means I can get either of the three current-gen consoles. In terms of in the long run, which one should I get? Or more accurately what are the pros and cons of each console?

PS. I don't know if there's already a thread like this

Last edited by Jackson Ferrell,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
If you like Nintendo games: Switch.
If you like shooters, sports, and 3rd party games: PSBone.

There's lots of fanboy threads like this, yeah. Just go through foxi4's post history to find them :P

Last edited by zoogie,

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends what kind of games you like. If you like Nintendo games, get the switch. If you like shooters or if Sony's first party games look intriguing to you get a ps4. Or you can join the PC master race (my recommendation) with steam and Microsoft's first party games thanks to play anywhere. Kinda no point in getting an Xbox one as far as exclusives go unless you can pick one up for cheap, because of play anywhere.

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Where's the pc master race choice :angry:
Fixed it :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It depends what kind of games you like. If you like Nintendo games, get the switch. If you like shooters or if Sony's first party games look intriguing to you get a ps4. Or you can join the PC master race (my recommendation) with steam and Microsoft's first party games thanks to play anywhere. Kinda no point in getting an Xbox one as far as exclusives go unless you can pick one up for cheap, because of play anywhere.
Already have a PC :P it's a fairly decent one, just looking for a console this time

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you already have a PC, avoid the Xbox One. Most exclusives are being ported over to Windows 10, which is great.

Get the PS4 if you want strong first and 3rd party support. Expect great games such as Uncharted 4, Persona 5, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy XV, etc. You can also choose between the affordable PS4 Slim or the more powerful PS4 Pro.

Since the Switch isn't out yet, we won't know how strong its 3rd party support will be in the long run, but you can expect great first party games such as Mario, Zelda, and Splatoon. The Switch is also a great option if you're on the go a lot.

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SwitchBox One of course!
img_0040-jpg.79383

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xbox one and PS4 are incredibly similar. Just look up the exclusives to know which to pick. PS4 has always been better for jRPGs, Xbone for shooters.

Switch is a Nintendo console, it'll have Nintendo games.

Most games come to PC these days so really only the exclusives matter. Also worth noting that the PS4 has a lot of 'console' exclusives for jRPGs like Tales of Berseria or Nier Automata, but they also get PC releases these days. Greatly lowering the PS4's actual exclusives for people with a PC too.
So pretty much your best bet is probably the Switch since Nintendo likes to keep it in the family.

Unless you're like me and get an Xbone just for Halo MCC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel