Hardware PS4 Paid online inquisitions

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that for the PS4 the online is now similar to xbox live in that you have to pay for the services. What exactly are you paying for though? Would you be paying for PSN or would you just be forced to buy PS+ and they wipe PSN all together. I guess what I mean is, if I wanted PS+ would I have to tack that on top of online for the PS4?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know that for the PS4 the online is now similar to xbox live in that you have to pay for the services. What exactly are you paying for though? Would you be paying for PSN or would you just be forced to buy PS+ and they wipe PSN all together. I guess what I mean is, if I wanted PS+ would I have to tack that on top of online for the PS4?
I'm pretty sure the only new thing is:
-online multiplayer is only for users of PS+.
Current PS+ will stay the same and all non-online multiplayer features of PSN will still work (like Netflix and, obviously, the store).

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the only new thing is:
-online multiplayer is only for users of PS+.
Current PS+ will stay the same and all non-online multiplayer features of PSN will still work (like Netflix and, obviously, the store).

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I'm excited for the switch from 360.

SolidSnake95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real question is if PS3 users will be affected by this change. I'm getting a PS3(for the first time)soon, and I already had 360 for 4 years. I don't want to mess around and realize that because PS4 was released, I now have to start paying to play online. That's utter bullshit.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real question is if PS3 users will be affected by this change. I'm getting a PS3(for the first time)soon, and I already had 360 for 4 years. I don't want to mess around and realize that because PS4 was released, I now have to start paying to play online. That's utter bullshit.

PS3 and Vita users will not be affected.

Reactions: fossda

Ahmed.t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
ps3 and xbox had a difference because free online in ps3 and paid in xbox. now in ps4 and xbox one the only only difference between them is in the price .

whether you buy ps4 or xbox one you will PAY !!!!!!!!!! in online gaming

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 will remain free, with the deals still offered to Ps+ members on that system. PS4 will require a PS+ account to play online, as well as access the same benefits of being a PS+ member on the PS3.

Basically, PS+ gives you free games, discounts to games, and online play for the PS4.
PS3 has PS+ free games and discounts. Online Play free.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
now in ps4 and xbox one the only only difference between them is in the price .

And you know, the fact that you don't have to pay for PS+ to use any other service other than multiplayer gaming where Xbox Live, all the apps are hidden and inaccessible until you pay for Xbox Live

Reactions: fossda

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And you know, the fact that you don't have to pay for PS+ to use any other service other than multiplayer gaming where Xbox Live, all the apps are hidden and inaccessible until you pay for Xbox Live

The way I see it, on PS+ you pay for a service which does give you returns - free games and other content, making it a good value. Even if you don't pay for it though, you can still use online applications, meaning you can get your console online. On XBox Live, you pay for the privilege of connecting your console to the Internet. Fair play, they are introducing a service similar to PS+ now, but the games offered so far are less than spectacular.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The way I see it, on PS+ you pay for a service which does give you returns - free games and other content, making it a good value. Even if you don't pay for it though, you can still use online applications, meaning you can get your console online. On XBox Live, you pay for the privilege of connecting your console to the Internet. Fair play, they are introducing a service similar to PS+ now, but the games offered so far are less than spectacular.

Uh isn't their program of free games only available until the launch of Xbox One, or did they change that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...