Hacking ps4 exploit for 7.51 or downgrade?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still same issue after initialization last night, so gonna swap out the HDD later today and see if it still is an issue, seems pretty weird as there was never installing pkg on 5.05, don't know if Hen or Mira will make any difference bug we will see later i guess. This will teach me to be lazy in the future, would have wasted less time backporting shit in the first place.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still same issue after initialization last night, so gonna swap out the HDD later today and see if it still is an issue, seems pretty weird as there was never installing pkg on 5.05, don't know if Hen or Mira will make any difference bug we will see later i guess. This will teach me to be lazy in the future, would have wasted less time backporting shit in the first place.
Hen is much better than Mira.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hen is much better than Mira.
Be honest I qas using hen on 5.05 and have tried both on 6.72 but no luck installing yet, finish work soon so gonna dig out another HDD and see. Would it be worth trying an external HDD first or better to put it in the ps4?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be honest I qas using hen on 5.05 and have tried both on 6.72 but no luck installing yet, finish work soon so gonna dig out another HDD and see. Would it be worth trying an external HDD first or better to put it in the ps4?

probably easier just to try an external hdd. I recently bought a 5TB hdd, which afaik, is the largest hdd they make that's unpowered. the one I bought is a wd black, and it's specifically designed for the ps4 and gaming. it's barely larger than my 2TB drive.

also, I liked it enough that I bought another for my nvidia shield. I've encountered no issues with either device, but note I'm on 5.05 with the ps4. from what I've heard, you may to use remote pkg installer on the ps4 cuz normal extended storage doesn't work correctly on 6.72. I don't know if that's changed. here's what it looks like. as you can see, it's even smaller than the nvidia shield. my 10TB hdds are huge.

20201015_104821_HDR.jpg

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me makes not sense to install anything on external, I always use internal HDD and I can install any game and play them but my problem is after some time the ps4 either panic or shut off right there when I was playing certain games. That's why I left the ps4 alone for a couple of weeks/months till more stable version comes out.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with internal is that, despite sony saying you can use up to an 8TB drive, there are no drives larger than 2TBs that are 9.5mm high, so technically 2TB is the largest internally, unless you want to drill through the shielding and damage your ps4. externally, you can also have up to 8TBs. however, if there's a kernel panic, the system will scan both drives, so it doesn't really save much time. also, from what I've heard an ssd and a usb 3.0 run at nearly the same speed on the ps4 due to limitations.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with internal is that, despite sony saying you can use up to an 8TB drive, there are no drives larger than 2TBs that are 9.5mm high, so technically 2TB is the largest internally, unless you want to drill through the shielding and damage your ps4. externally, you can also have up to 8TBs. however, if there's a kernel panic, the system will scan both drives, so it doesn't really save much time. also, from what I've heard an ssd and a usb 3.0 run at nearly the same speed on the ps4 due to limitations.
I don't think so, I am using 8tb internal with Nyko data bank more than 3 years already and no problems.

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use a Nyko with a Pro, however...not even sure if you can use it with a Slim either. At least without some ugly modifications.

Another internal alternative is to use an SSD, but the speed (and extra cost) seems to be wasted as it would run slightly faster as an external. 2TB SSDs are becoming more reasonably priced, but the 4 & 8 TB SSDs are still too costly IMHO. Give it another year or two, though.

With an external self-powered 5TB USB drive, combined with a conventional 2TB internal HDD gets you close to the 8TB Nyko limit plus the games on the external will load faster, especially if one is using WB Black series, though I wonder how much faster they are for a PS4 compared to a Seagate or regular WD 5TB external HDD?

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use a Nyko with a Pro, however...not even sure if you can use it with a Slim either. At least without some ugly modifications.

Another internal alternative is to use an SSD, but the speed (and extra cost) seems to be wasted as it would run slightly faster as an external. 2TB SSDs are becoming more reasonably priced, but the 4 & 8 TB SSDs are still too costly IMHO. Give it another year or two, though.

With an external self-powered 5TB USB drive, combined with a conventional 2TB internal HDD gets you close to the 8TB Nyko limit plus the games on the external will load faster, especially if one is using WB Black series, though I wonder how much faster they are for a PS4 compared to a Seagate or regular WD 5TB external HDD?

I had a conversation with @Hayato213 about this. he suggested a 5TB external hdd due to speed limitation of ssd. I think he said there's only 10MB/s difference if using usb 3.0. I decided on the drive though. kinda costly at $140-150, but I suppose that's largely due to how small it is. my 10TB hdds were (the first being $274 or so, the latest ones being less than $200). they're all the same model. they're quite large too, so the compact size of the WD Black makes me think that's the main reason it's so costly in comparison. it had like 4.8/5 stars out of 5 on newegg, and it mentioned it being very good for the ps4 or xbone, so that's the main reason I bought it. I also don't have any plugins for a powered usb drive. as it stands now, I have to swap out the minis/classic/retron whenever I'm using one of them. they all can use the same micro usb cable, and I don't have the room to connect more than one of those at at a time. I'm very careful not to damage the usb ports, but if one gets damaged and I have to buy a new unit, I guess it's not the end of the world as I have all games and whatnot backed up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the 5TB and 2TB side-by-side. they're even closer in size than I thought. I'd strongly advise investing in a large external hdd @lilalex . red dead redemption is 80+GBs then another 20-something GBs for its update. final fantasy remake is 84GBs (haven't downloaded it yet but it's out there). here's the largest pkg files I have on hand:

20201015_145616_HDR.jpg

upload_2020-10-15_15-2-48.png

Reactions: Mo Poge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.