Reactions: maniax300

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Someone's going to take these prices seriously in 3, 2, 1...
LOL WUT $899 WHAT ARE THEY SMOKING, I WANT WHAT THEY'RE HAVING HOLY SHIT ARE THEY INSANE

AND PEOPLE LAUGHED AT "599 AMERICAN DOLLARS", HOLY SHIT NOBODY IS GOING TO BUY IT AT THIS PRICE

SO LONG SONY, R.I.P.

LOL EPIC FAIL.

Too much? :unsure:

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Isn't it conformed that killzone was not running on actual PS4 hardware to begin with?
4k simply isn't going to happen, you guys don't realize this but 4k is more than 4x1080p! What kind of difference does that make on a screen unless you're sitting 2 feet from the damn thing? Developers will always opt for better textures and graphical effects rather than a higher image resolution. 4k is ridiculous and the PS4 couldn't handle it even if it was current gen high end PC specs. Jeeez how blind are people not to see that 4k wouldn't make any sense on a standard sized TV screen?

With Blu-Ray been used on next-gen consoles, textures can become better than ever.
If it's true that PS3 will use 100GB Blu-Ray, PS4 would probably be able to use 4K nicely.

I don't see much need for 4K now, the same way I still don't see much need for 3D,
yet Sony started using 3D on Playstation 3.

Who knows what Sony is up to?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
With Blu-Ray been used on next-gen consoles, textures can become better than ever.
Textures doesn't have anything to do with 4k, it's just the resolution the machine renders a scene at, storage and textures doesn't have anything to with it. If it was possible we could display Wii games in 4k with dolphin.
There's a huge gap in power required between rendering at 1080p and doing 4k, the resolution difference won't be noticeable unless you own a 100 inch TV or something.
People are mistaking 4k as something else.

The red area represents 4k, see that olive green one? That's 1080p, 4k is just resolution (4,096 × 2,304 pixels), a fancy name people keep pissing in their pants about as if it's the next new thing after HD.

220px-Digital_video_resolutions_(VCD_to_4K).svg.png

See what a ridiculous amount of processing waste it would be when that power could go to better lightning, effects, physics and textures instead?

Reactions: Traversal

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/ps4-will-output-video-in-4k-but-not-games/ ;) - Ack, beaten to it! Still, it's good news, so let's leave it on twice ehh...

8GB GDDR5 is the shocker here, that's a massive amount - Nvidia's new Titan range ($1000) only has 6GB... previously only thought to be 4GB, this should give a good 25% extra oomph over the next xbox (on top of the ~50% extra as previously thought)

Consider me unimpressed by the Kinect & Smartglass showing though (oops have I made a mistake there??) - screams a bit copycat to me, hell the new Eye camera even vertically tilts LOL...
Also as it's been confirmed today that PS3 saves and purchases are not transferable this could be a bit of a feather in MS's cap if they add the feature....

Still, these launch thingies are always a little bit underwhelming.... e3 should give us a far better look! And as one who always says he prefers his 360 to his PS3, I'm STILL far more looking forward to the PS4! :D
Holiday '13 in the US ehh... please Sony don't shaft us Euro's again.....

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I'm looking forwards to see more Deep Down ingame-footage. If what was shown was indeed the game engine. Then I'm a VERY happy man, a mysterious pile of secrets.
Actually the only game which looked like a cool experience was Deep Down. To me, this was the most beautiful game shown. It's not THAT far behind Dragon's Dogma. But still, it was just SO much more detailed. Holy shit if it was ingame :D

But DAMN Killzone did look gorgeous, tho plagued with texture pop-in.

The DriveClub game looked absolutely fantastic aswell, hoping it is ingame footage :D but it looked prerendered.

But enough talk, have at you.

*tosses his whine

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like it's probably $430 USD. That's the current rumor and it has quite a lot of credit now that its source also leaked the PS4 controller.
My money's on $429.99.

Well, I might as well empty out my bank account now and preorder this bitch. I will be getting this at launch.

Sorry, Microsoft, I have different needs now, and you don't even come close to fulfilling them.
Sounds like a breakup if ever I heard one.

you couldn't map the R3 buttons to the back of the Vita?
You'd still need L2/R2 buttons as well; it could work if the rear pad was split into quadrants or if the touch screen incorporated a set of them too.
Also seriously, "Playstation 4"? Wasted opportunity to try a new name.
Keeping the current naming system makes perfect sense to me. At least it's consistent. Not like Xbox and Xbox 360. I don't want one day to hear about the new "PlayStation Emotion" where your love fuels your health, or a "MagicStation Wonderment" where you have to BELIEVE you can win.

Is it just me whose disappointed by Sony's copying of handheld-console connectivity from NEC's Turbographix-Turoboexpress?

Why do Sony need to steal ideas from over twenty years ago?
"Who's"*

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...