Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pcmanrules said:
I updated because we're not going to get any good CFW this far down the line, i'm happy just buying the games. Sony'll give us PS2 emu on all PS3's before the end of the year and they're dirt cheap. PS3 games will take ages to download anyway.
I'm not so sure Sony will give us a PS2 emu...seeing as they haven't really said anything about it and removed a feature before adding one. But I'm not exactly sure what they're doing at all. They removed the feature quite awhile after the slim and the "exploit" have been out when it would have been convenient just to remove it when the slim launched. As for the people saying PS3 games will ages to download, it's the same as 360 games except for the few exclusives(which then it's like downloading a multi-disc game. Although, I'll buy the games I got a PS3 for(exclusives like Team ICO, From Software games) since I could just use my 360 for most other games. CFW on the PS3 would probably have a lot better homebrew than the Wii or PSP(such as in media playing and emulators).

And although, it is possible geohot is releasing a CFW but why doesn't he even have an ETA on planning to release it. Unless he's adding more features, I don't see why he won't just release it or tell if people can connect to PSN with this CFW.

iceissocold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much hate against this update.

Slim owner here, we never had that feature to begin with.
grog.gif

EDIT: Deleted merged post..Weird, I clicked the post button once and it double posted?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:
Geohot's CFW is a good thing because I doubt there will be much if any focus on homebrew unlike the Wii, PSP, and especially the DS. It's going to be the tools for open season on piracy.
fixed!

Although, if you can pirate on the PS3, then I may have to buy one, I think my wallet just cried.

QUOTE(DeltaBurnt @ Apr 10 2010, 11:41 PM) If anything the PS3 will be a awesome homebrew factory. Most games are waaaay too big to pirate, and blu ray disks/burners are expensive. So with hard ways to pirate, people will instead make homebrew.
ORLY?

Sarvesh50

Aye!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some of you are really dumb *-*''
There is a chance you will encouner problems if you update if you read the other thread you can see that not everybody has problems. But i only want to let the tempers know so update on your own risk

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
UltraMagnus said:
DeltaBurnt said:
If anything the PS3 will be a awesome homebrew factory. Most games are waaaay too big to pirate, and blu ray disks/burners are expensive. So with hard ways to pirate, people will instead make homebrew.
ORLY?
how is that cheap?
I'm guessing piracy won't go down this route, as you say, it is too expensive. I think it will be an "install to the hard drive" sort of thing, much like USB loaders on the Wii, where you could go rent a game and install it to your PS3, allowing you to keep it.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
UltraMagnus said:
DeltaBurnt said:
If anything the PS3 will be a awesome homebrew factory. Most games are waaaay too big to pirate, and blu ray disks/burners are expensive. So with hard ways to pirate, people will instead make homebrew.
ORLY?
how is that cheap?
compared to 5 - 6 new release PS3 games?

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
Joe88 said:
UltraMagnus said:
DeltaBurnt said:
ORLY?
how is that cheap?
compared to 5 - 6 new release PS3 games?
You have a point o.o

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated only because I wanted to play MW2 and the Geohot exploit wasn't there at the time.

There's no way to downgrade (like restoring to factory settings or something I've seen on the XMB) right?

Sarvesh50

Aye!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im going to call the helpdesk tomorow i bought tekken 6 played it one day i was downing update and selected turn off after installing next day i go to work got back exhausted i wanted to play and damm only a fucking black screen now i thrown way my money i only had fun fo one day with tekken 6 now i have too buy pokemon or else i will have nothing to do :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i had eye toy play on ps2