Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
Joe88 said:
UltraMagnus said:
DeltaBurnt said:
If anything the PS3 will be a awesome homebrew factory. Most games are waaaay too big to pirate, and blu ray disks/burners are expensive. So with hard ways to pirate, people will instead make homebrew.
ORLY?
how is that cheap?
compared to 5 - 6 new release PS3 games?
you forgot to factor in blank blu ray discs cost
right now its about 20 discs for $40-50, not bad to when it used to be $30 a disc

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
The Geohot CFW is already done if no one's seen the YouTube video. He's just got to release it. I'll use it, but I don't know if it still retains PSN connectivity or not.

Every update carries a small risk before it is reinstalling the OS each time, so if any little bit of it fails then you get a bad system. It seems to me that some updates seem to break more than others, or maybe people just make up different stories every time. Who knows...

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
UltraMagnus said:
Joe88 said:
UltraMagnus said:
DeltaBurnt said:
If anything the PS3 will be a awesome homebrew factory. Most games are waaaay too big to pirate, and blu ray disks/burners are expensive. So with hard ways to pirate, people will instead make homebrew.
ORLY?
how is that cheap?
compared to 5 - 6 new release PS3 games?
you forgot to factor in blank blu ray discs cost
right now its about 20 discs for $40-50, not bad to when it used to be $30 a disc

I guess it depends where you are in the world blue ray disks are £13 for 10 here but the RRP for PS3 games is £50. So a total £143 for burner and 10 disks, you will have broken even after pirating 3 games, any games after that will cost you £1 per game.
smile.gif

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if any of you realize but using CFW means no PSN, PSN ruins it...so it's pointless. Rather buy an Xbox 360 and mod that then to have a brick of a PS3...at least the discs are cheap.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
that glory hound kid is a member of the iphone dev team who do a lot of good work. he also accomplished in a couple of weeks what no one before him could. so give the guy some credit already.l

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
I wonder if any of you realize but using CFW means no PSN, PSN ruins it...so it's pointless. Rather buy an Xbox 360 and mod that then to have a brick of a PS3...at least the discs are cheap.
Because everyone only plays multiplayer games nowadays. Right...

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quepaso said:
What CFW? All there is so far is a fake video by some glory hound kid who people have too much faith in.
Some glory hound kid? Do you know who this guy is? He is probably the best known hardware hacker in the world. He is one of the biggest iPhone hackers, he created blackra1n. He even has a Wikipedia article ffs. Want more proof? He released his exploit! Jeez...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkMario616 said:
I wonder if any of you realize but using CFW means no PSN, PSN ruins it...so it's pointless.

When Gehot releases his CFW it will presumably allow PSN otherwise what's the point since there's no extra feature other than OtherOS which can be retained by staying on a lower firmware. As its the same firmware version it should get past the filters but how long it will last is anybody's guess.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
that glory hound kid is a member of the iphone dev team who do a lot of good work. he also accomplished in a couple of weeks what no one before him could. so give the guy some credit already.l

Thoob said:
quepaso said:
What CFW? All there is so far is a fake video by some glory hound kid who people have too much faith in.
Some glory hound kid? Do you know who this guy is? He is probably the best known hardware hacker in the world. He is one of the biggest iPhone hackers, he created blackra1n. He even has a Wikipedia article ffs. Want more proof? He released his exploit! Jeez...

For goodness sakes, i keep having to explain this over and over. The hacks on the iphone were done by other devs, the exploits and more. He just packages them in a easy to use fashion for noobs to get attention.

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Apr 12 2010, 11:33 AM) QUOTE(DarkMario616 @ Apr 12 2010, 06:17 PM)
I wonder if any of you realize but using CFW means no PSN, PSN ruins it...so it's pointless.

When Gehot releases his CFW it will presumably allow PSN otherwise what's the point since there's no extra feature other than OtherOS which can be retained by staying on a lower firmware. As its the same firmware version it should get past the filters but how long it will last is anybody's guess.

Yah, he said he'd have a update file ready to release that will work on any PS3. I mean, seriously, a fricken update that he has NO WAY of signing to make work, is going to get released? I know GBATemp members arent the brightest folks, but get into reality. This is not happening. In his video, all he did was take his one off ps3 and change the version number from 3.15 to 3.21. Thats his CFW. Open your eyes and see the truth about this kid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-