Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some interesting tidbits about the PS3

QUOTE said:
After plenty of gameplay the console is cool -- or at worst warm -- to the touch on every surface. In a side by side test with the Xbox 360, the console is comparably virtually silent, and the Blu-ray drive is significantly quieter than the 360's DVD drive.

Me likes. Although The No VGA support is dissapointing, all it means is that I'll have to buy an HDMI to DVI converter. :\

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I heard one of those PS3s overheated at Tokyo Game Show not long ago.
this was probably not a retail unit
I believe engadget is objective so I dont see them lying about this fact or any other

thanks for the link! I hope the PS3 is worth its price after all Sony has pulled out

edit: wow, interesting article!
but the comments are funny, so many 360 fanboys
ph34r.gif

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah you're probably right in that Costello. Anyway, a Swedish newspaper has had a PS3 for a couple of week(s?) and they also wrote that the machine is INCREDIBLY silent. They can't hear it at work even if they try, seriously.

TmP_stryk

Still I Rise™
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States

I believe engadget is objective so I dont see them lying about this fact or any other

thanks for the link! I hope the PS3 is worth its price after all Sony has pulled out

ph34r.gif

Interesting stuff...

360 fanboys...... i doubt it.. just informed consumers.. realizing that ps3 isnt worth the cash.

One think I can't understand is how mis informed some gamers/consumers are. The facts are there, right in front of you.

360 will prevail.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

ph34r.gif

Interesting stuff...

360 fanboys...... i doubt it.. just informed consumers.. realizing that ps3 isnt worth the cash.

One think I can't understand is how mis informed some gamers/consumers are. The facts are there, right in front of you.

360 will prevail.

Sorry but in the end it all boils down to opinion, personally I cant see Microsoft wining this generation maybe the next one but I reckon Sony have this one once they start getting more consoles out there

Course they are screwing over Europe :/ so I'll be getting a Wii at Christmas

I play consoles for the games I'll pay the 600 or 700 euros if the games are there that I actually want to play if not I wont same goes for the 360 I'd pick one up if there was games i wanted

TmP_stryk

Still I Rise™
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
.. ps3 -games you ask ? hmm resistance fall of man , and mgs 4, gt, is what you have to look forward to - oh ff too i guess

look at mass effect - how do you feel not benig able to experience such a game? or bioshock - .... oh and gears of war --- which i must say is one of the most amazing games ive played ever -

come on now
smile.gif

exclusive ps titles are becoming cross platform games --- not good for sony - nor is their price - power of system u say ? sony has more cpu power - 360 has more memory -

Gears of war wouldn't run on a ps3 - you know why. Not enough memory.. Thats not a good sign if a game like gow cant be played on a system like ps3 - In my opinion that really isnt something id be happy about it.

360 on the other hand ----

prey, graw, oblivion, splinter cell double agent, n3, condemned, saints row, just cause, dead rising, enchanted arms, marvel ultimate alliance, fear,

BLUE DRAGON
CIPHER COMPLEX
TOO HUMAN
CRACKDOWN
OVERLORD
DARK SECTOR
TIMESHIFT
HUXLEY
HEAVY RAIN
THE CLUB
FRONTLINES: FUEL FOR WAR
ALAN WAKE
JOHN WOO PRESENTS: STRANGLEHOLD
LOST PLANET
BIOSHOCK
MASS EFFECT
GEARS OF WAR
ARMY OF TWO
HALO 3
CALL OF DUTY 3
RAINBOW SIX VEGAS
VIRTUA TENNIS 3
THE DARKNESS
GTA
ASSASINS CREED

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
I´m not buying ps3 or 360 until they dorp their prices, and if I buy wii it would be only for zelda,, I´m getting crazy for that game..

is it true that ps3 is 3 times more powerfull than 360?

GexX2

Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
.. ps3 -games you ask ? hmm resistance fall of man , and mgs 4, gt, is what you have to look forward to - oh ff too i guess

look at mass effect - how do you feel not benig able to experience such a game? or bioshock - .... oh and gears of war --- which i must say is one of the most amazing games ive played ever -

come on now
smile.gif

exclusive ps titles are becoming cross platform games --- not good for sony - nor is their price - power of system u say ? sony has more cpu power - 360 has more memory -

Gears of war wouldn't run on a ps3 - you know why. Not enough memory.. Thats not a good sign if a game like gow cant be played on a system like ps3 - In my opinion that really isnt something id be happy about it.

prey, graw, oblivion, splinter cell double agent, n3, condemned, saints row, just cause, dead rising, enchanted arms, marvel ultimate alliance, fear,

BLUE DRAGON
CIPHER COMPLEX
TOO HUMAN
CRACKDOWN
OVERLORD
DARK SECTOR
TIMESHIFT
HUXLEY
HEAVY RAIN
THE CLUB
ALAN WAKE
LOST PLANET
BIOSHOCK
MASS EFFECT
GEARS OF WAR
ARMY OF TWO
HALO 3
CALL OF DUTY 3
RAINBOW SIX VEGAS
VIRTUA TENNIS 3
THE DARKNESS
GTA
ASSASINS CREED
You do realize that the 360's ram is shared between the GPU and CPU right? it has 512, but the CPU and GPU use them both at the same time. So the CPU or GPU can't use the full 512 by itself.

PS3 has 256mbs of system ram, and 256mbs of GPU ram. But the GPU can access the system ram as well as its own. So it ends up being pretty much the same.

Oh, and you mentioned tons of crossplatform games btw. I bolded them for you.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
.. ps3 -games you ask ? hmm resistance fall of man , and mgs 4, gt, is what you have to look forward to - oh ff too i guess

come on now
smile.gif

Im honestly not a big FPS fan.. Although I will confess Gears of Wars looks tempting
No idea what Mass Effect is don't really follow the Xbox game scene

Blue Dragon would be good wouldn't mind that :/

Halo 3 meh I played Halo 1 on the PC will prob play Halo 2 when its released on vista or whatever The rest I have no idea about(the non cross platform ones anyway) bar Saints Row which from what I've seen is a GTA clone.

And as GexX2 stated above me the PS3 has 512mb of ram and both the CPU and the GPU can access the full amount of ram

With college nowadays I dont even get time to play games :/ I have loads of games sitting around waiting to be played Games like Bully, Tales of the Abyss, FF12, Okami (Infact I just got Okami today) So many games to keep me happy yet so little time

Ill be honest though the main attraction the PS3 has to me at the moment is Yellow Dog Linux if Sony pull that off right it will be amazing (Media Players, Emulators etc etc off the bat)

Chances are down the line I will buy an XBox 360 I don't deny that but at the moment I can't see much in the genres I like that justify the purchase. At least with the PS3 I'm guaranteed more Final Fantasy more Tales of Games more Level 5 RPGs (Cant wait for Rouge Galaxy) Yeah I'm an RPG freak

Infact I'm even thinking twice about getting a Wii at the moment I bought a DS at launch and basically didnt touch it for a year and I can see it happening with the Wii :/

Milo

GexX2

Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

come on now
smile.gif

Im honestly not a big FPS fan.. Although I will confess Gears of Wars looks tempting
No idea what Mass Effect is don't really follow the Xbox game scene

Blue Dragon would be good wouldn't mind that :/

Halo 3 meh I played Halo 1 on the PC will prob play Halo 2 when its released on vista or whatever The rest I have no idea about(the non cross platform ones anyway) bar Saints Row which from what I've seen is a GTA clone.

And as GexX2 stated above me the PS3 has 512mb of ram and both the CPU and the GPU can access the full amount of ram

With college nowadays I dont even get time to play games :/ I have loads of games sitting around waiting to be played Games like Bully, Tales of the Abyss, FF12, Okami (Infact I just got Okami today) So many games to keep me happy yet so little time

Ill be honest though the main attraction the PS3 has to me at the moment is Yellow Dog Linux if Sony pull that off right it will be amazing (Media Players, Emulators etc etc off the bat)

Chances are down the line I will buy an XBox 360 I don't deny that but at the moment I can't see much in the genres I like that justify the purchase. At least with the PS3 I'm guaranteed more Final Fantasy more Tales of Games more Level 5 RPGs (Cant wait for Rouge Galaxy) Yeah I'm an RPG freak

Infact I'm even thinking twice about getting a Wii at the moment I bought a DS at launch and basically didnt touch it for a year and I can see it happening with the Wii :/

Milo
White Knight Story Theres also a non HD Version of that video here. Looks great. I'll definately be buying it. Its from Level 5.

GexX2

Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I´m not buying ps3 or 360 until they dorp their prices, and if I buy wii it would be only for zelda,, I´m getting crazy for that game..

is it true that ps3 is 3 times more powerfull than 360?
No its not true. The PS3 has an edge in processing, but in graphics they are pretty much tied. PS3 games will start looking better later on when the developers get used to the hardware, but it won't be an Xbox-PS2 kinda difference.

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or are these systems focusing to much on POWER and GRAPHICS. I have not played a game that I have just loved in a long time. I'm sure there are some really sweet games that I just have not played. But seriously, on the weekends in the dorms we bust out the Super nintendo and have street fighter tournaments. Sure we play halo, and soul caliber, and other popular games. But, it has gotten to the point where the characters are to hard to control. A few buddies of mine were playing the new splinter cell, and some of the button combinations are extreemly complicated. Now, I understand that some people enjoy those types of games, but I am bored with all these games. It seems like there 10 base games and like a new skin is applied to make it seem like a "new" game. Or I may totally be wrong. but that is how i feel.

GexX2

Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or are these systems focusing to much on POWER and GRAPHICS. I have not played a game that I have just loved in a long time. I'm sure there are some really sweet games that I just have not played. But seriously, on the weekends in the dorms we bust out the Super Nintendo and have street fighter tournaments. Sure we play halo, and soul caliber, and other popular games. But, it has gotten to the point where the characters are to hard to control. A few buddies of mine were playing the new splinter cell, and some of the button combinations are extremely complicated. Now, I understand that some people enjoy those types of games, but I am bored with all these games. It seems like there 10 base games and like a new skin is applied to make it seem like a "new" game. Or I may totally be wrong. but that is how i feel.
Ya, thats why I'm looking forward to the Wii, It introduces a new way for developers to design games. It welcomes innovation, and I expect we'll be getting a bunch of good games later on. Graphics are always a plus for me, but the gameplay is what really counts. You could have Michelangelo paint a turd, but in the end, its still a turd. I loved my SNES, lol. And PS1 was great too, but now it seems that everyone is making carbon copies of last years games with different levels and shinier graphics.

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think nintendo has listened to what some people have said, and are looking for new doors to open. Hopefully VR is right around the corner lol
smile.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I think the PS3 is well worth the price....IF AND ONLY IF.....you are in the market for a Blueray player too. Considering all other Blueray players are $1000+, its a DAMN good deal. But at the same time, if BluRay flops then the value of the system would drop dramatically. Oh well, thats the risk we gamers are willing to take.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I think the PS3 is well worth the price....IF AND ONLY IF.....you are in the market for a Blueray player too. Considering all other Blueray players are $1000+, its a DAMN good deal. But at the same time, if BluRay flops then the value of the system would drop dramatically. Oh well, thats the risk we gamers are willing to take.

Well, Sony may have flopped on the UMD disc, BUT the inferior VHS did come out on top over the superior Beta Max tape. I think BluRay will be around awhile, even if it's not necessarily the better technology.

TmP_stryk

Still I Rise™
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
.. ps3 -games  you ask ? hmm resistance fall of man , and mgs 4, gt, is what you have to look forward to - oh ff too i guess

come on now
smile.gif

BLUE DRAGON
CIPHER COMPLEX
TOO HUMAN
CRACKDOWN
OVERLORD
DARK SECTOR
TIMESHIFT
HUXLEY
HEAVY RAIN
THE CLUB
ALAN WAKE
LOST PLANET
BIOSHOCK
MASS EFFECT
GEARS OF WAR
ARMY OF TWO
HALO 3
CALL OF DUTY 3
RAINBOW SIX VEGAS
VIRTUA TENNIS 3
THE DARKNESS
GTA
ASSASINS CREED

You do realize that the 360's ram is shared between the GPU and CPU right? it has 512, but the CPU and GPU use them both at the same time. So the CPU or GPU can't use the full 512 by itself.

PS3 has 256mbs of system ram, and 256mbs of GPU ram. But the GPU can access the system ram as well as its own. So it ends up being pretty much the same.

Oh, and you mentioned tons of crossplatform games btw. I bolded them for you.

1st.. Gears of War is not a fps

2nd.. As I stated before PS3 only has 256 mb ram...

Epic stated that there would be no way Gears of War would be able to run on the ps3 so your ram theory is dead in the water. 360s edge is there.

You say cross platform games? I did that on purpose, those games will look the same if not better on the 360 as its already been proven,, cod3, assasins creed....

If you have no idea what mass effect is ... its gona be grrrrrrrrreaaaaaaat.!

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/718/718963.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ i did know that actually
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much